Birch pano

Posted by Kerry on Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:25 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
My first panoramic, created with ArcSoft Panorama Maker. Birch Stand, Porcupine Mountains State Park, Michigan (UP)

Oct. 5, 2003
Four stitched images, all D100, 24-120 @50mm; f/8, 1/6 sec.

Honest critiques encouraged.

Thanks,

--Kerry

Posted by:
Kerry
Forum Contributor

by Ken Cravillion on Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:52 pm
Ken Cravillion
Forum Contributor
Member #:00072
Nice pano Kerry. The comp is nice. The bright area on the left is a minor nit.

Where is the color? :) Did do do anything like this at the birches south of munising?
Ken Cravillion

by stevebein on Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:03 am
stevebein
Lifetime Member
Member #:00137
Very nice. It might be time to sell my med format Fuji 617 if results like this can happen. I have the program but have not installed it. What were your experiences? This is very nice, no seams showing. Have you tried a 360, or a vertical?
If you have any suggestions, please email me. I have many 617 plus some film as long as 60" from my rotating panoramic camera.
Steve Bein
drbein@aol.com

by Harvey Edelman on Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:39 am
Harvey Edelman
Forum Contributor
A nice pano and obviously the software works :) . I might have looked for a diferent angle to get some more perspective in the trees but this is fine.
Harvey Edelman
http://www.harveyedelman.com

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:02 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Looks good. I like that program. Once you figure out the nuances and tricks, youc an do some amazing things with it.

by Kerry on Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:45 am
Kerry
Forum Contributor
Ken Cravillion wrote:Nice pano Kerry. The comp is nice. The bright area on the left is a minor nit.

Where is the color? :) Did do do anything like this at the birches south of munising?
Thanks, Ken. I did no selective editing of this image in PS--just a very, very minor levels and curves adjustment (plus USM for Web presentation). The bright areas certainly could be burned some, and I'll look into that. Thanks for mentioning it.

Yeah, there really was virtually no color at this spot at all. This is just across the main road into the park, very near where that small store is located (right near the picnic ground the group used last year, in fact). In other words, it's (at most) a few hundred feet from Lake Superior, so the color was probably a good two weeks away at that spot.

I didn't do any birch panos in the Munising area because I never saw a spot with this kind of concentration of birches laid out horizontally. I did do some panos, but they were of the "across the lake" variety at Council, Red Jack and Half Moon. I haven't gotten to those yet. :)

--Kerry

by Kerry on Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:46 am
Kerry
Forum Contributor
stevebein wrote:Very nice. It might be time to sell my med format Fuji 617 if results like this can happen. I have the program but have not installed it. What were your experiences? This is very nice, no seams showing. Have you tried a 360, or a vertical?
If you have any suggestions, please email me. I have many 617 plus some film as long as 60" from my rotating panoramic camera.
Steve, I'll drop you an e-mail re your questions.

--Kerry

by Steve Sage on Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:30 pm
Steve Sage
Lifetime Member
Member #:00058
Cool pano.
Steve Sage
Michigan
http://www.sageimages.com

8 posts |