Munising Falls

Posted by Cindy Marple on Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:29 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
There are several nice waterfalls near Munising, MI. I liked the fall colors and used a wide angle to include some of that color.
Canon D30, 28-105 at 28mm, iso200, 1/10 at f/11
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

Posted by:
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038

by Ken Cravillion on Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:04 am
Ken Cravillion
Forum Contributor
Member #:00072
Nice composition Cindy. The colors are great. Just like I remember them. I'll have to post my Munising shot in a few days... 8)
Ken Cravillion

by Kerry on Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:21 am
Kerry
Forum Contributor
Interesting perspective here, Cindy. You've actually demonstrated that this composition isn't impossible, something I had my doubts about when I was presented with this scene myself.

I must confess that I'm still somewhat bothered by that diagonal tree bisecting the middle of the frame....but this is a much more successful treatment than I thought was possible. Nicely done.

--Kerry

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:03 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
You did extremely well given the obstacles to contend with in this shot. Not being there its difficult to tell but it may have been better if you had moved somewhat to the left to create less of an overlap of the tree to the waterfall.

by Cindy Marple on Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:48 am
Cindy Marple
E.J. Peiker wrote:Not being there its difficult to tell but it may have been better if you had moved somewhat to the left to create less of an overlap of the tree to the waterfall.
There is a platform at this heavily-visited spot so somewhat restricted, however as I recall I was all the way to the right so probably could have moved a bit. The choice then becomes the diagonal tree or the leaves in front...
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

by robert hasty on Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:42 pm
robert hasty
Forum Contributor
Hi Cindy, i hope you dont mind but i took your image and cropped it a bit. Thought this would be easier then telling you via reply. I cropped the top so the eye doesnt go over the top of the falls to who knows where and sorta get lost. Atleast i did when viewing it :oops: :wink: I also cropped the left side a touch to help the 2 diagnol trees anchor the image a little better and relate a little better to the straight line of the waterfall. I myself find it to have a little more rhythm to the overall image and easier to view. Like i said, hope you dont mind and this is just my 2 pennys worth. Nice exposure also!! Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
robert..............
Robert Hasty
NSN0075

[size=75]
[i] There is a path which no fowl knoweth, and which the vulture's eye hath not seen:[/i][/size]

by Maxis Gamez on Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:32 pm
Maxis Gamez
Forum Contributor
This is fantastic!
Maxis Gamez

by Cindy Marple on Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:00 pm
Cindy Marple
Robert, thanks for the crop suggestion. I do like the tighter view.
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

8 posts |