Distant trees on hillside

Posted by robert hasty on Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:14 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
While we had a very breif sunset lighting up the farside hill, i was looking for some patterns within the trees. With little to no luck i found only one thing that grabbed my attention, a lone pine among some other trees with the leaves just turning. The color this year seems to be very dull compared to other years and i also heard its a little behind from being peak here. Im hoping this time next week will be a little better.

As always, comments appreciated!

Thanks a bunch,
robert.........

10d
tripod
300mm
81b@polorizer
Robert Hasty
NSN0075

[size=75]
[i] There is a path which no fowl knoweth, and which the vulture's eye hath not seen:[/i][/size]

Posted by:
robert hasty
Forum Contributor

by Ken Cravillion on Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:04 pm
Ken Cravillion
Forum Contributor
Member #:00072
I agree, the colors look a bit dull. The pine is also lost in the muted colors. Looking forward to more.
Ken Cravillion

by Lillian Roberts on Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:30 pm
Lillian Roberts
Forum Contributor
This works for this week's motif, since the texture is the only thing that really stands out here. I see what you saw, but I think the pine is lost in the clutter. I wonder if this would have worked better with side lighting to give the scene more depth?
Lillian Roberts
NSN Member #130

by robert hasty on Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:28 pm
robert hasty
Forum Contributor
Thanks guys and gals, yeah i see what you mean about the clutter part of it. The pine stood out for me here along with some diagnol lines within the trees going from left to right/top to bottom, i was searching for some patterns and this was all i could see at the time.

Thanks again,
robert..........
Robert Hasty
NSN0075

[size=75]
[i] There is a path which no fowl knoweth, and which the vulture's eye hath not seen:[/i][/size]

4 posts |