The lake

Posted by Mary Brun on Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:58 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 26 posts | 
Three vertical shots attached in photoshop.

Canon EOS 5D
Sigma APO 70-200 mm f/2.8 EX DG HSM
ISO 100 - 1/13s - f/11 -104 mm
Tripod

Click on to view on a dark background.
View larger size
Mary
Mary Brun photography - "Trees are the support of the sky, if we cut them down, the firmament will fall over us" - Indios legend 

Posted by:
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:39 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Definitely need to view the larger size to fully appreciate this one. I think I'd prefer it with the waterline just slightly higher as the snow reflection is just a tiny bit truncated at the bottom. Seeing the merger of the two snow strands in the reflection would make it complete for me.

by Tom Whelan on Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:10 pm
Tom Whelan
Member #:00293
The light on the trees is beautiful, so are the reflection and the mountainside in shadow.
Tom

http://www.whelanphoto.com Portraits and Abstracts (web site)
http://tomwhelan.wordpress.com/ Nature Diary (blog)

by Dan Kearl on Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:50 pm
Dan Kearl
Forum Contributor
Member #:22021
Excellent Comp and Stitch.. I enjoy the color hues you choose for these.

by david fletcher on Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
So much to enjoy with this image Mary. Fabulous pano and stitching with your usual, excellent use of light. Even the little tree top left is catching that raking light.
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Mary Brun on Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:16 am
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
Thank you so much E.J., Tom, Dan and David :)
Mary
Mary Brun photography - "Trees are the support of the sky, if we cut them down, the firmament will fall over us" - Indios legend 

by Mary Brun on Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:21 am
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Definitely need to view the larger size to fully appreciate this one.  I think I'd prefer it with the waterline just slightly higher as the snow reflection is just a tiny bit truncated at the bottom.  Seeing the merger of the two snow strands in the reflection would make it complete for me.
Thank you very much E.J., now that I see this image after some time I fully share your thoughts.
This is a variation of another shot:
View larger size
Mary

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:59 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I think halfway in between the two would strike the best compositional balance - to my eye anyway :)

by Mary Brun on Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:48 am
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:I think halfway in between the two would strike the best compositional balance - to my eye anyway :)
I agree with you E.J.  :), unfortunately I don't know if and when I will be able to return to this wonderful place ...
Mary

by Carol Clarke on Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:02 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
EJ has such an amazing eye for composition and I can't fault what he said - but I do also love this as it is, especially when looking at the larger view, that really is stunningly beautiful, Mary. Such gorgeous colours and wonderful light catching those trees. Another beauty from this magical place, Mary!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Mary Brun on Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:05 pm
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:EJ has such an amazing eye for composition and I can't fault what he said - but I do also love this as it is, especially when looking at the larger view, that really is stunningly beautiful, Mary.  Such gorgeous colours and wonderful light catching those trees.  Another beauty from this magical place, Mary!

Carol.
Thanks Carol, seeing these images after a long time, I can only share the vision of E.J.
and I regrets not being able to return and find the same conditions
to better recapture some images of that extraordinary place.
Mary

by Carol Clarke on Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:09 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Mary Brun wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:EJ has such an amazing eye for composition and I can't fault what he said - but I do also love this as it is, especially when looking at the larger view, that really is stunningly beautiful, Mary.  Such gorgeous colours and wonderful light catching those trees.  Another beauty from this magical place, Mary!

Carol.
Thanks Carol, seeing these images after a long time, I can only share the vision of E.J.

I sometimes think we should remember the magical moments we spent in a certain place, because if we went back again it would not be the same.  :wink: 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Mary Brun on Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:17 pm
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:
Mary Brun wrote:

Carol.

I sometimes think we should remember the magical moments we spent in a certain place, because if we went back again it would not be the same.  :wink: 

Carol.
Dear Carol, your words are so right.
Mary

by ADKShooter on Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:37 am
ADKShooter
Forum Contributor
Member #:02167

Carol.
Without seeing EJ's view I like your original one better than your alternate look, as the first thing that hit me was how awesome the cliff was as opposed to the small looking shoreline trees. Your original composition I think not only looked to highlight the Fall colors but also to show the feeling of the place, that I think you did very effectively.

by John Labrenz on Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:04 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Carol Clarke wrote:
Mary Brun wrote:

Carol.

Carol.

So true!
It must gave been special to be there at the perfect time and thankfully you were able to capture that moment and share it with us here.
The light is fantastic.
Moments like these are very special and do not come often.
A wonderful  image!

by Mary Brun on Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:03 am
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
ADKShooter wrote:

Carol.
Without seeing EJ's view I like your original one better than your alternate look, as the first thing that hit me was how awesome the cliff was as opposed to the small looking shoreline trees. Your original composition I think not only looked to highlight the Fall colors but also to show the feeling of the place, that I think you did very effectively.
Thanks from the bottom of my heart ADHShooter, in fact it is also what I try to convey in my shots: the spirit of the place.
Furthermore, the cliff (Croda del Becco) has a very particular conformation and is rich in particular textures.
Mary

by Mary Brun on Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:08 am
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
John Labrenz wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:
Mary Brun wrote:

Carol.

Carol.

So true!
It must gave been special to be there at the perfect time and thankfully you were able to capture that moment and share it with us here.
The light is fantastic.
Moments like these are very special and do not come often.
A wonderful  image!
Many thanks John, it is true, in that particular place in that season that moment lasts very little,
it is just a matter of being there at the right time and with conditions that are certainly never the same day after day.
I am truly grateful to have been able to witness so much wonder at least once in my life.
Mary

by Ed Cordes on Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:17 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
I like the second comp much better. However, in either case a job well done.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by Swissblad on Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:06 am
Swissblad
Forum Contributor
Fine image, Mary - lovely use of light and shadow.

by Mary Brun on Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:17 pm
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
Ed Cordes wrote:I like the second comp much better.  However, in either case a job well done.
Thank you so much Ed :)
Mary

26 posts |