Moonrise over Chaos Crags and Lassen Peak

Posted by miker on Fri May 08, 2020 12:02 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
a6500 e18-135mm 135mm f11 1/13th ISO 100  EV-2.3 

Taken on 5/6 on forest road NE of Lassen Natl. Park.
Michael Rubin

Posted by:
miker
Forum Contributor

by John Labrenz on Sat May 09, 2020 6:23 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Very nice...best viewed full size.
Some funky processing here...dark halos above the pines....then lighter in the valley?

by E.J. Peiker on Wed May 13, 2020 8:46 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I like this one a lot. Agreed that some better processing might make it even better, it isn't obtrusive. Overall I see some really great shots that you post, almost all of which would be taken to a significantly higher level with an investment in better processing techniques. Not trying to be negative but rather to encourage spending some time developing in this area as it would make many of your photos dramatically better.

by miker on Wed May 13, 2020 9:15 pm
miker
Forum Contributor
Thanks for the comments, especially EJ for your advice on processing. I'm not sure where I could find out how to make this improvement.
Michael Rubin

by E.J. Peiker on Thu May 14, 2020 2:17 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
miker wrote:Thanks for the comments, especially EJ for your advice on processing.  I'm not sure where I could find out how to make this improvement.
YouTube is a great resource for this.  I don't know what you use as your RAW processor.  If it's Lightroom, some of Alister Benn's stuff (Expressive Photography) is good and there are mnay others.  If it's Capture One, their YouTube page has a massive amount of content on how to get the most out of that.  Since the COVID thing, they are doing almost daily tutorials.  The amount of good solid info on YouTube is almost overwhelming.

by miker on Thu May 14, 2020 2:28 pm
miker
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:
miker wrote:Thanks for the comments, especially EJ for your advice on processing.  I'm not sure where I could find out how to make this improvement.
YouTube is a great resource for this.  I don't know what you use as your RAW processor.  If it's Lightroom, some of Alister Benn's stuff (Expressive Photography) is good and there are mnay others.  If it's Capture One, their YouTube page has a massive amount of content on how to get the most out of that.  Since the COVID thing, they are doing almost daily tutorials.  The amount of good solid info on YouTube is almost overwhelming.

Thanks EJ.
Michael Rubin

6 posts |