Aysgarth Falls

Posted by P-O Gråd on Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:39 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
Aysgarth Falls, Yorkshire Dales, England.
I deleted old accounts on various forums and when I found NatureScapes.net I got stuck and was inspired to upload a new picture. It was many years since the last one. The picture I post is also taken many years ago. It is from 1986 and is of course taken on classic film, Ilford FP4, with a Mamiya RB67. I have had the negative scanned but now I did a new "development" in Photoshop.
I hope you like it.

Posted by:
P-O Gråd
Forum Contributor

by david fletcher on Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:12 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
What a pleasure to see.  The age of the image is totally irrelevant.  Much more important to enjoy your image, your insights and your ability to create emotions and inspire.  

My thanks for you to bother and share this.  From another point of view, we have been privileged to see something in the past that may not be available now

Priceless.  Your site is quite enjoyable.  
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by P-O Gråd on Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:15 pm
P-O Gråd
Forum Contributor
david fletcher wrote:What a pleasure to see.  The age of the image is totally irrelevant.  Much more important to enjoy your image, your insights and your ability to create emotions and inspire.  

My thanks for you to bother and share this.  From another point of view, we have been privileged to see something in the past that may not be available now

Priceless.  Your site is quite enjoyable.  

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Last edited by P-O Gråd on Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

by John Labrenz on Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:40 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Yes...indeed a pleasure to view!
I also think that it is important for us to try to preserve those old film images before they are lost to time.
Thanks for bringing this one "back to life"

by P-O Gråd on Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:05 am
P-O Gråd
Forum Contributor
John Labrenz wrote:Yes...indeed a pleasure to view!
I also think that it is important for us to try to preserve those old film images before they are lost to time.
Thanks for bringing this one "back to life"

Thanks a lot for your comment.

I totally agree that we have to preserve old film images. They are often historical document. When I look at my fathers photos he took when I was a kid, I regret I didn't took as much photos of my kids and the neighbourhood where we lived.
I also think that much of the digital images we store on different media will be lost because of computer or media crashes. If film are stored in a reasonably way they still will be usable.

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:49 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
It can be fun to get out some old transparencies or negatives, scan them and see what what we have. Thanks for posting :)

by Peter Ireland on Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:48 pm
Peter Ireland
Forum Contributor
Member #:01589
A great stretch of water to photograph,and you have captured it so well.Thanks for posting.

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:34 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
A beautiful restoration- such a pleasure to see, especially given the history behind it. Thanks for posting.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

8 posts |