More Azenha do Mar

Posted by E.J. Peiker on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:51 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
Azenha do Mar - Portugal
a7R III, 24-70mm @ 26mm, ISO 100, f/8, 30s
Portugal is a great country for landscape photography and one of my favorite places of the dozen or so coastal locations that I traveled to last month is Azenha do Mar.  A huge thanks to my friend and long time NSN member Alexandre Vaz for helping me prepare for this trip where I would be on my own in a country I had never been to before speaking a language that I do not know.  It illustrates the power of a worldwide community like NSN.  Alex and I have known each other online for about 18 years and we finally met for a great afternoon shoot (in another location from where this photo was taken) and a great dinner.  Without communities like NSN I would have likely never have gotten to know anybody from Portugal and a trip like this might never have happened.  It saddens me to some respect that the anonymity of social media has largely replaced places like this but I hope many that are still here stay engaged, you never know when it might pay dividends for yourself.

Posted by:
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002

by MalcolmBenn on Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:33 pm
MalcolmBenn
Forum Contributor
Spectacular setting and image E.J. , the long SS really gives the water and rocks in the foreground an ethereal look. Out of curiosity what the heck is that dot that seems to be hovering just above the land form in the centre of the image.
Malcolm Benn

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8357466@N03/

by Cynthia Crawford on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:20 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
How wonderful to meet a member and go on a shoot. If only we could meet each other more often!  Maybe we should have a meetup forum!
we DO have regional forums that are rarely used-some potential there.

The golden rays make this for me , E.J. Gorgeous photo.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:32 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
MalcolmBenn wrote:Spectacular setting and image E.J. , the long SS really gives the water and rocks in the foreground an ethereal look.  Out of curiosity what the heck is that dot that seems to be hovering just above the land form in the centre of the image.
The Portuguese Flag

by John Labrenz on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:29 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
What a lovely lead from that fascinating misty water f/g to the distant rock and warm sunny sky!
A beauty!

by MalcolmBenn on Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:12 am
MalcolmBenn
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:
MalcolmBenn wrote:Spectacular setting and image E.J. , the long SS really gives the water and rocks in the foreground an ethereal look.  Out of curiosity what the heck is that dot that seems to be hovering just above the land form in the centre of the image.
The Portuguese Flag

lol well that wasn't on my list of possibilities ... that really is a spectacular scene.
Malcolm Benn

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8357466@N03/

by Peter Ireland on Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:18 pm
Peter Ireland
Forum Contributor
Member #:01589
A beauty EJ.Love those foreground boulders.

7 posts |