Coming down from Pinnacle Peak Saddle

Posted by mstolting on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:19 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
From 8/2/18. Spent a couple days hiking in Mount Rainier NP. This was a relatively easy, short hike with great views. Wish I had the nerve to do it again at sunset. It's not a great image but it was the best I could do given my skill set and the fact it was taken at mid day.

I say this with all due respect for the fine photographers displaying their images on this site - the size restriction for posting images from non-paying members just seems ridiculous. However I do understand there should be a difference between paid membership and free membership privileges and that server bandwidths must be protected. Nonetheless, perhaps allowing a slightly larger image to be posted for both paid and free memberships in the future should be considered.

Mike
"Le temps est un grand maître, dit-on, le malheur est qu'il tue ses élèves."
Berlioz

Posted by:
mstolting
Forum Contributor

by Tim Zurowski on Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:23 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
" I say this with all due respect for the fine photographers displaying their images on this site - the size restriction for posting images from non-paying members just seems ridiculous."

I totally agree with that statement, which is the main reason I stopped posting images here. However, your image is posted well below what non-paid members are allowed to post at, which is 800 pixels on the long side. Your image looks great to me, but sure would love to see it at at least 800 px. Makes me want to go hiking at Mount Rainier. :)

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:59 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Hmm, you posted this at about half the width and height that you are allowed to even as a non-member...

by mstolting on Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:37 pm
mstolting
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Hmm, you posted this at about half the width and height that you are allowed to even as a non-member...

Well I resized it to 800 pixels on the long side in Photoshop. This was the result.
"Le temps est un grand maître, dit-on, le malheur est qu'il tue ses élèves."
Berlioz

by John Labrenz on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:05 am
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Looks great...but I too would like to see it at 800px

by Jens Peermann on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:14 pm
Jens Peermann
Forum Contributor
It's nicely composed, with a dark framing foreground that makes the bright subject stand out. Looks great, even though it's taken in the middle of the day.

Replacing the originally posted image with a larger version is not possible, as far as I know. But placing a larger version into a comment should be.
A great photograph is absorbed by the eyes and stored in the heart.

6 posts |