West Falkland

Posted by E.J. Peiker on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:12 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
West Falkland - Falkland Islands
D3x, 24-70mm @ 36mm, ISO 400, f/8, 1/640s
When I returned from the Falkland Islands in 2009 I was eager to process all of the great wildlife shots from there.  After weeks of evaluating and processing many of the thousands of photos of Penguins, Albatross, songbirds, seals, etc I was thrilled with many of the shots.  Somewhere in the shuffle, I totally forgot about all the aerial shots I took while flying between islands.  Yesterday, while looking for something else, I stumbled upon a small sub-folder called Aerial under my Falkland Islands folders.  I was thrilled to find some cool shots.  In reality, back then we didn't have the processing tools to do a really good job of dehazing the images which is why I may have skipped over them to begin with.  With today's tools, combining capture One with Topaz Studio's Dehaze tool, it is easy to process images like this.

Posted by:
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002

by david fletcher on Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:27 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
thanks for sharing this EJ. For many, this will mean differing things, bringing differing emotions. For others, there are memories of two countries fighting over this, with many lives spent.

A fine image that evokes emotion.
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:12 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
david fletcher wrote:thanks for sharing this EJ.  For many, this will mean differing things, bringing differing emotions.  For others, there are memories of two countries fighting over this, with many lives spent.  

Yes, I agree.  I actually had somebody unfriendly me on Facebook because I called it Falkland Islands, not Islas Malvinas :(

by Carol Clarke on Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:21 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
david fletcher wrote:thanks for sharing this EJ.  For many, this will mean differing things, bringing differing emotions.  For others, there are memories of two countries fighting over this, with many lives spent.  

Dave makes some good points, and how evocative images can be.  The image itself, especially the uncompressed view, is beautifully done E.J.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by John Labrenz on Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:47 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Cool image of a strange landscape...from a place I have not seen many images from.

by Ron Day on Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:29 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
I really like the leading line of the river up to the very top of the frame where it meets the ocean. Beautiful image!

6 posts |