Sunset on the Palouse

Posted by jtanner on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:36 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
Nikon D750 Nikon 14-24 2.8  ISO 500 f/20 1/25 @14mm

It was a stormy spring day out on the Palouse. The light and sky were uncooperative most of the evening leaving me to spend more time scouting for future shots. I kept passing by this tree and was intrigued by its shape. Finally I got a small break in the clouds and it all lined up. This shot had some bad lens flair on the right side of the tree that I removed. I felt the more subtle lens flair on the left kind of fit in with the shot. Thoughts? Thanks for looking!

Posted by:
jtanner
Forum Contributor

by John Labrenz on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:43 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
A beauty!
Yes, the flare can be one of 14-24's drawbacks....but the left side flare here is not objectionable.
Wish for just a hair more on the right so that the branch doesn't touch the frame edge.

by jtanner on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:06 pm
jtanner
Forum Contributor
John Labrenz wrote:A beauty!
Yes, the flare can be one of 14-24's drawbacks....but the left side flare here is not objectionable.
Wish for just a hair more on the right so that the branch doesn't touch the frame edge.

Thank you much! I agree about the right side. I was thinking about removing just a bit of the branch that's touching to add some breathing room.

by Carol Clarke on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:10 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I agree with John on that branch touching the frame edge, but that's a tiny nit in a very appealing image Jeff. I love the depth and content - and the way the light catches the tree and kisses the foreground grasses is gorgeous!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by jtanner on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:03 pm
jtanner
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:I agree with John on that branch touching the frame edge, but that's a tiny nit in a very appealing image Jeff.  I love the depth and content - and the way the light catches the tree and kisses the foreground grasses is gorgeous!

Thank you so much, Carol!!

by Joe Lemm on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:05 pm
Joe Lemm
Forum Contributor
A beauty. The light is fantastic!

6 posts |