Wild places II

Posted by Pedro da Costa on Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:33 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Nikon D610; Tokina AT-X 17-35 F4 PRO FX; 6/10 sec; F11; ISO 50; Length 18; CPL; Manual blending of two exposures.

Posted by:
Pedro da Costa
Forum Contributor
Member #:02133

by Mark Picard on Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:15 am
Mark Picard
Forum Contributor
Lovely image Pedro - love the colors and the mood you have created here. My only "nit" is that very small moon in the image due to the wide angle lens used. To me it just looks like a small white dot, distracting to the overall photo. Why couldn't you photograph the moon separately at that time with, say a 50-70mm lens and add that in where that smaller moon exists? Or do you feel that that would be too much manipulation? After all, we manipulate images in the first place by using different focal lengths, blending of images, or stitching panos together. By using a somewhat larger moon (pretty much as the human eye would see it size-wise), from another exposure at the same time as you took the original image you could even expose the moon correctly and get some detail in it as well. Overall it wouldn't change the original scene because you're not adding/subtracting an element that wasn't present in the scene originally.
Mark Picard
Maine Photography Workshops

by Pedro da Costa on Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:24 am
Pedro da Costa
Forum Contributor
Member #:02133
Thank you Mark for your comment. It is probable that that is a good idea and possibly in future occasions i will have it encounters. Thank you.

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:07 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
The moon being a bright dot doesn't bother me too much personally. I'm super sensitive to tilted horizons though and this one seems just a tiny bit tilted. Other than that it's an absolutely spectacular photo.

by John Labrenz on Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:38 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Very nice!
I don't mind the moon either.
Could use a touch of CW rotation.

5 posts |