NIL:-

"Sometimes you can tell a large story with a tiny subject."-  Eliot Porter

Posted by:
NILADRI KARMAKAR
Forum Contributor

by Chris Kayler on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:22 pm
Chris Kayler
Forum Contributor
Really beautiful clouds lingering around the mountain! I think that the contrast could be reduced just a touch for my taste, perhaps selectively so that you didn't have areas that were super dark like on the right side of the frame. A lot of drama going on here! Nice to look at.

by Robert on Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:23 pm
Robert
Forum Contributor
Overall, I really like this image. I like the foreground rock and shore 1/3 into the frame and opening up to the river. It's dramatic and the sky is dramatic. Whether or not changing the contrast is better, I'm not sure, but I feel this one works well. The only thing I would change is to imbalance the sky to ground ratio more - with more of the ground and river or vice versa. And I see the ground/horizon at the level of the opposite river bank. I strongly favor the compositional dynamics of an imbalance between the sky and ground. As it is, it feels and looks too balanced. Since this is cropped, you do have more frame to work with - either on the top or bottom and I would utilize that and see how that looks. Often a 1/3 to 2/3 or 2/3 to1/3 ratio creates a more dynamic landscape image IMO. But again, I do like what you have here, this is interesting.

by John Labrenz on Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:54 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
A powerful and threatening sky!
I'd love to see more of that sky and a such agree with the comment regarding the horizon positioning.

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:07 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Wow, the mega contrast really works on this one. Well done and almost scary looking.

5 posts |