Prince William Sound dawn

Posted by Kelly on Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:26 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Really fierce winds woke me up around 4 am one morning while sea kayaking in Prince William Sound. After I quickly retrieved the drying clothes and gear from nearby trees and stuffed them in the tent, I ran out to take advantage of this light. Canon Elan 7e, 28-135 IS, Velvia, shutter speed of several seconds. Thanks for your feedback!
Kelly O'Neill

Posted by:
Kelly
Forum Contributor

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:30 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
A very nice photo of a beautiful place. A suggestion would be to crop about 3/4 of the foreground shoreline and bump up the color saturation just a touch.

by Dan Baumbach on Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:33 pm
Dan Baumbach
Forum Contributor
You have absolutely lovely light here. Like E.J. The foreground troubles me. I'd make a selection of it and lighten it a bit and add contrast. If the all of the foreground is sharp, that might be enough. Otherwise I'll go for E.J.s crop.

- Dan.
Dan Baumbach
http://www.timelesslight.com
NSN 0069

by Dan Baumbach on Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:40 pm
Dan Baumbach
Forum Contributor
Oh heck. Instead of just talking about it an example would work better. I used cureves to give the whole photo some more contrast. Then I selected the area below the horizon and added contrast with a level's layer. Then I cropped a tad off of the bottom. I didn't change the saturation or color balance at all. The light in this image was just too good to pass up.

- Dan.
Dan Baumbach
http://www.timelesslight.com
NSN 0069

by Kelly on Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:46 pm
Kelly
Forum Contributor
Dan, Thank you! That does look better, and I appreciate your time and effort! :mrgreen:
Kelly O'Neill

5 posts |