Before the storm

Posted by Luzestelar on Mon May 02, 2016 5:28 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
The next stop of E.J. :) :)
Canon 5DIII, Canon 17-40 mm f4L, ISO 50, CPL. Manual blending of three exposures. Please see larger version
Jose Fernandez
Web: http://josefernandezgarcia.com

Posted by:
Luzestelar
Forum Contributor

by Keith Bozeman on Tue May 03, 2016 9:38 pm
Keith Bozeman
Forum Contributor
I love how the light just dances on the water throughout the scene. The rocks also provide a nice foreground subject.

by John Labrenz on Sun May 08, 2016 1:04 am
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Oh my...this is so pretty!!!
Amazing light, scenery and water.
Must view full size.

by E.J. Peiker on Tue May 10, 2016 6:01 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I now know exactly where this is :) Beautiful shot. You had great light on this morning!

by pleverington on Fri May 13, 2016 6:42 pm
pleverington
Forum Contributor
Jose compositionally the image is wonderful, but the sky is so way not anything I can relate to as real and tangible I loose interest.... the whole image belongs in digital art and creations really and I'm not so sure it would succeed there even. Turbulent water is not smoke or CO2 vapors...what's up with that??  Why do you believe or think your images, as great as they are, need to be so cooked and rendered so implausible in Photoshop?? THEY DON'T. You have some of the most incredible scenics available to you that literally few else here will ever know or come in contact with, yet you  trash them with ridiculous levels of post processing work... Get your act together and give me at least something I can relate to...and maybe others too. Stop trashing Nature!!!
Paul Leverington
"A great image is one that is created, not one that is made"

by mstolting on Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:01 pm
mstolting
Forum Contributor
Jose,

I'm a bit late in commenting on your wonderful image but, after having read one of the comments regarding your manipulation of your images, I just had to make a comment of my own.

I find still photography can produce powerful, beautiful, and emotionally engaging images. Whether or not there has been on the part of the photographer, a little, or a lot of manipulation of the image is, to me, mostly irrelevant. If the image stands alone as one which moves the viewer - hopefully to appreciate the view of nature it was meant to represent, then, to me, it's a successful image. I certainly realize that on a nature photography web site there are those who, by their own standards, feel Photoshop processing must be cut off at a certain point to qualify as "legitimate" nature photography. I feel those critics are entitled to their opinions. However, and here's my point, it is simply an opinion. One of the photographers I most admire was Ansel Adams. He certainly manipulated his images quite a bit by some standards - in the darkroom. (See here: http://www.coolantarctica.com/Shop/anse ... r_lake.php).

Again, I just want to thank you for posting this stunningly beautiful image.

Mike
"Le temps est un grand maître, dit-on, le malheur est qu'il tue ses élèves."
Berlioz

6 posts |