Bow Lake

Posted by Eric Fredine on Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:33 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
Capture: Canon 1Ds, 16-35 @ 16mm

Taken on an excursion to Banff last week. I had some interesting clouds to work with this morning but the wind was howling so there weren't really any reflections to come by. I like the way the various lines play with each other and the drama of the lit clouds and peak. I wish there was a little more light in the rest of the scene. I also suspect that some tighter verticals (which I didn't do) might have had some more impact. The bit of driftwood on the right also seemed like a good idea at the time, but I now feel it is perhaps more of a distraction.

Thanks,
Eric

Posted by:
Eric Fredine
Forum Contributor

by Ken Cravillion on Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:56 pm
Ken Cravillion
Forum Contributor
Member #:00072
I like this. I like the warm/cool effect of this. It log is a nice touch too.
Ken Cravillion

by Danny Burk on Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:29 pm
Danny Burk
Forum Contributor
I like the counterbalance effect of the sunlit peaks and the fg water. I agree, the driftwood is slightly distracting (very minor, really); I'd like to see it used as a dominant fg with the sunlit peaks behind it (vertical format). On second thought, you probably did one like that too :)
Danny Burk
http://www.dannyburk.com
Fine print and imaging sales, drum scanning service, field and Photoshop technique workshops

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:55 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
The driftwood doesn't bother me at all. Bow Lake is perhaps the toughest of all lakes in Banff to get a good a shot. you did pretty well here.

by Maxis Gamez on Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:10 pm
Maxis Gamez
Forum Contributor
Very nice landscape, maybe pushing the colors a little will help the image. Nice composition.
Maxis Gamez

by Laura Stiefel on Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:19 am
Laura Stiefel
Lifetime Member
Member #:00229
Hi Eric. I especially like the triangle shape of the sky repeated in the foreground water. I think this is pretty nice.
Laura Stiefel
[b]NSN 0229[/b]

by Kelly on Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:13 pm
Kelly
Forum Contributor
Eric, Very nice! Like usual, all the pieces (including that driftwood) fit together really well. The colors are great, especially the turquoise water.
Kelly O'Neill

by Jenny Ellerbe on Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:39 pm
Jenny Ellerbe
Forum Contributor
Eric, what makes this one for me is the diagonal line of the lake and the converging lines of the foreground water. At first glance I liked the driftwood. But the more I stare at the lines, I find it to be slightly distracting. That space might look empty without it though.
Jenny Ellerbe
Louisiana
http://www.jennyellerbe.com

8 posts |