fbpixel

Pitt Meadows Mountains

Posted by david fletcher on Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
For 10 years Neil, this is sublime...  :D.  Love what you have done here.  Excellent image in its own rights and the treatment takes it up levels.  Well done.  Well worth the revisit and re think.
Make your life spectacular!

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Connect with me:
Flickr

by Cynthia Crawford on Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:05 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Well-no longer "blah"! Lovely colors and textures creating a beautiful watercolor-like mood. Very fresh and pleasing to the eye. I could see this as more of a pano too, without quite so much sky, because the main attraction to me are the blues and greens. It works very well, either way. Great job...and probably a lot of fun, recovering this oldie.
I am looking into your DAP App- looks pretty neat. Maybe more flexible than Topaz....?
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:21 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Stunning! I really love the finished artwork, Neil. The colour palette is beautiful and the effects just right for this lovely scene. The real stars for me are the trees - the treatment of them is quite magical, and a must view in your HD version for the full effect. A large print of this must look amazing!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Mary Brun on Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:31 pm
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:
Stunning!  I really love the finished artwork, Neil.  The colour palette is beautiful and the effects just right for this lovely scene.  The real stars for me are the trees - the treatment of them is quite magical, and a must view in your HD version for the full effect.  A large print of this must look amazing!

Carol.

I agree with Carol, you have made a wonderful watercolor!
Mary

Mary Brun photography - "Trees are the support of the sky, if we cut them down, the firmament will fall over us" - Indios legend 

by Axel Hildebrandt on Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:29 pm
Axel Hildebrandt
Forum Contributor
Neat idea, I like the effect.
Axel Hildebrandt

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:02 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Neil Vanderwolf wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Well-no longer "blah"! Lovely colors and textures creating a beautiful watercolor-like mood.  Very fresh and pleasing to the eye. I could see this as more of a pano too, without quite so much sky, because the main attraction to me are the blues and greens. It works very well, either way. Great job...and probably a lot of fun, recovering this oldie.
I am looking into your DAP App- looks  pretty neat. Maybe more flexible than Topaz....?

Thanks Cynthia, I vacillated between just that, a pano vs 3:2 but couldn't make up my mind which I preferred so thanks for your input. I think I will try printing both today to see if one 'pops' more.

Dynamic Auto-Painter is amazing, in my opinion it's in a whole different league from the Topaz Impression application (which I have also owned since it was released, it's a shame Topaz isn't updating/improving it). It's kind of like Photoshop vs Photoshop Elements if that makes sense. I have been using DAP for years and still learn stuff all the time. The amount of customization can be overwhelming but a lot of the default settings can help create compelling images. I've just taken on learning their Photo Reactor plugin to work with DAP to allow even more customization.

Thanks for that info, Neil. I downloaded DAP 9for Mac...), and found it quite complex, but really interesting- a lot to learn. Yes, Topaz seems a bit stuck, though it is also a good starting point. I don't usually like simply applying an app and calling it my creation. So DAP has many more personal options.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by John Labrenz on Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:04 am
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Just like a fine wine...this one aged well!

7 posts |