Poppy field

Posted by Swissblad on Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:14 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
I thought this image of a poppy field could do with an impressionist touch....my attempt using PS and FX box Real Art plugin.

In hindsight a more subtle watercolour effect my have been a better choice.

Original image made with Nikon D500 and Sigma 150mm macro.

Posted by:
Swissblad
Forum Contributor

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:11 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
I think this works very well. There is a nice feeling of transparency and subtle texture -it looks a bit like a view through a rainy window. Nicely composed with the hints of other poppies and a soft, pleasing background. Lovely work!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by david fletcher on Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:32 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Lovely image. Like the composition and as Cindy said, it gives a feel of looking through a frosted window. Nice thinking.
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Carol Clarke on Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:18 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I love to see wild poppies dancing in the fields, and I have yet to get a decent image, especially since the covid restrictions, so this is a real treat to see!  You haven't done too much or too little, and for my tastes I think this works beautifully and would grace any wall as a really uplifting print.  Let's see more of your artistic ability!!  :) 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Swissblad on Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:33 am
Swissblad
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:I love to see wild poppies dancing in the fields, and I have yet to get a decent image, especially since the covid restrictions, so this is a real treat to see!  You haven't done too much or too little, and for my tastes I think this works beautifully and would grace any wall as a really uplifting print.  Let's see more of your artistic ability!!  :) 

Carol.
Dear Carol, Cindy and David,

Many thanks for your kind feedback - much appreciated.
I tried this on a whim and am glad that it struck a chord.
I like the idea of it being "uplifting" - something we can really do with at the moment.

take ca re and stay safe

S

by Mary Brun on Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:54 pm
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
A really well-interpreted image, as also mentioned by Cynthia and David, it almost seems like observing the poppies through a window during a rainy day. A well-calibrated processing that really gives a very pleasant watercolor effect.
Mary
Mary Brun photography - "Trees are the support of the sky, if we cut them down, the firmament will fall over us" - Indios legend 

6 posts |