Valentines day looming.

Posted by david fletcher on Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:09 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 22 posts | 
Chaperons in attendance.  A twist on the image posted in the Birds forum.  Processed and created today.  

Again, and sincerely meant, hope all well.  Please feel free to view uncompressed.

Thank you for looking.  

Link to high rez HERE
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525

by Carol Clarke on Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:54 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
This reminds me of Degas, and his Paris ballerina paintings! Beautifully done, Dave and a real wall hanger. A superb work of art!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by david fletcher on Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:23 pm
david fletcher
Carol Clarke wrote:This reminds me of Degas, and his Paris ballerina paintings!  Beautifully done, Dave and a real wall hanger.  A superb work of art!

Carol.

Thank you so much Carol.  Have always appreciated your input.   Sometimes, I feel like a peasant.  (don't really.lol).  Polite way of expressing an acknowledgement of excellent input.  (that and I haven't any prior knowledge of Degas. :) )..  

In my 20's I was inspired by a chap called Ernst Haas. Sadly passed  away in 1986, but I did like his style.  The digital world we live in seems to want to open up and sterilise an image, where the past masters used light and emotion and didn't feel the need to unblock shadows.

Thank you so much!

NSN00525

Last edited by david fletcher on Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Carol Clarke on Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:20 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
david fletcher wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:This reminds me of Degas, and his Paris ballerina paintings!  Beautifully done, Dave and a real wall hanger.  A superb work of art!

Carol.

Thank you so much Carol.  Have always appreciated your input.   Sometimes, I feel like a peasant.  (don't really.lol).  Polite way of expressing an acknowledgement of excellent input.  (that and I haven't any prior knowledge of Degas. :) )..  

In my 20's I was inspired my a chap called Ernst Haas. Sadly passed  away in 1986, but I did like his style.  The digital world we live in seems to want to open up and sterilise an image, where the past masters used light and emotion and didn't feel the need to unblock shadows.

Thank you so much!

Takes one to know one, Dave!  Ballet isn't my thing, (I hadn't got any prior knowledge of Ernst Haas either) - but I do now!  He certainly did some amazing work!

Light and emotion works for me.  I always use my gut feeling when looking at a photo or painting - if I don't feel anything, its not for me.  An excellent image technically, still needs soul.  :)

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Ron Day on Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:17 am
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Gorgeous lines, curves, and pastels breathe life into this exceptional image, Dave. The placement of the interacting pair in the composition is brilliant. One of your better creations and a real pleasure to view. Print it large! :D

by ADKShooter on Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:12 am
ADKShooter
Forum Contributor
Member #:02167
I was about to comment on your "straight" image when I saw this one as well so I'll combine my thoughts. I really like the fact that there are other birds behind your two main subjects as it brings out a time and place of where they are. The birds themselves are terrific, especially their red eyes and expressions toward each other, including the ruffled feathers.  I very much like the treatment in this one, as others have commented it's as much a work of art as it is a wonderful photograph with much story telling behind it.
I wish I had files half as good as this just lying around waiting to be processed, lol !!!

Last edited by ADKShooter on Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

by david fletcher on Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:20 am
david fletcher
Thank you Warren.

NSN00525

by david fletcher on Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:25 am
david fletcher
Ron Day wrote:Gorgeous lines, curves, and pastels breathe life into this exceptional image, Dave. The placement of the interacting pair in the composition is brilliant. One of your better creations and a real pleasure to view. Print it large! :D
Thank you Ron.  Appreciated

NSN00525

by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:12 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
I have to agree with Carol on the Degas. This is really ingenious! Your stuff just gets better and better! What I really like, given the excellent artistic merit of this painting, is that isn't isn't simply the application of an application. There is clearly original work being done here, and while I think it's OK to use a prepared app, the real art of photo manipulation, in my estimation, lies here with something more original. I say this having used a simple Topaz transformation myself and enjoyed it, but I much prefer something that has additional original content that can't be simply duplicated with a program. I also appreciate the kind of work it takes to make something like this. Bravo!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by david fletcher on Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:04 am
david fletcher
Thank you so much Cindy!

NSN00525

by ADKShooter on Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:05 pm
ADKShooter
Forum Contributor
Member #:02167
Dave, for almost 40 years I shot film with some of the Leica DSLR's starting with the SL2 until I ended with the R8 in 2014. I never did own an M camera but because of my association with Leica I became well aware of Ernst Hass and his pushing the envelope of color photography. For me, Eliot Porter was my "inspiration" as he may be most known for his initimate landscape photography but he was a wonderful bird photographer in his early years. Anyways, I had not heard Ernst Hass's name in quite some time but it brought back some fond memories.

by david fletcher on Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:24 pm
david fletcher
ADKShooter wrote:Dave, for almost 40 years I shot film with some of the Leica DSLR's starting with the SL2 until I ended with the R8 in 2014.  I never did own an M camera but because of my association with Leica I became well aware of Ernst Hass and his pushing the envelope of color photography.  For me, Eliot Porter was my "inspiration" as he may be most known for his initimate landscape photography but he was a wonderful bird photographer in his early years. Anyways, I had not heard Ernst Hass's name in quite some time but it brought back some fond memories.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and memories.  (I remember Eliot Porter too, mostly for his trees and landscapes).  Fond memories.  

Sometimes the strangest memories flash back.  Back in 1978 I travelled to Sweden.  (Backpack and all.)   Travelled to a remote reserve called Halleberg, at the bottom of Lake Vänern.  Train to the nearest town, Vargön, then on foot....  My first experience with wild Moose.  Used a Minolta SRT 100 back then and a Tamron 300 F5.6.  Preparation was frankly appalling.  (Had some water.  no food but at 22 I didn't give a hoot about being hungry.  Just got used to that.  Found a Manger to sleep in and stayed overnight by a pond, sleeping basically in a hay feeding rack they use for winter feeding.  Mosquitoes kept me company.  5am, saw me up and eagerly awaiting the day.  I can recall a Swedish photographer drove up the track to the pond.  He was using a Nikkormatt FTn and a 400 F5.6 Novoflex lens.  I took a photo of him at work and it won me a prize in a GAF competition, as I had loaded GAF 500 that morning.  Mad days and fond memories.

NSN00525

by Gary Gulash on Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:47 pm
Gary Gulash
Forum Contributor
I'm not an art critic but I sure like this creation David. Wonderful, amazing.

by david fletcher on Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:48 am
david fletcher
Thanks Gary!

NSN00525

by Tusar Bhowmik on Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:52 pm
Tusar Bhowmik
Forum Contributor
Wonderful creation.

by david fletcher on Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:56 pm
david fletcher
Thank you Tusar!

NSN00525

by david fletcher on Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:09 am
david fletcher
Just a quick thanks to NSN and the Editors for the EP. An honour!

NSN00525

by John Labrenz on Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:44 am
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Late to the party on this one David!
Looks amazing...congrats on the EP...well deserved

by david fletcher on Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:07 am
david fletcher
Thank you John. Appreciated.