Elephants go marching three by three.

Posted by david fletcher on Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:13 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 15 posts | 
My apologies for using a continuing theme, but thought you might enjoy anyway.  Processed today.  

Please feel free to view uncompressed.  Hope all well.  Very difficult times.  Yesterday, I took my 85 year old father in law for his jab.  60 mile round trip.  So worth it.  8.24am jab time.  (meant 6.00am start for me).  Only saying this because every single one of us is going through this and sometimes it's ok to say "I get it" and we all do it for our loved ones.  

Please feel free to view uncompressed.  thank you for looking.

Link to high rez HERE
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525

by ADKShooter on Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:38 pm
ADKShooter
Forum Contributor
Member #:02167
What a beauty !!!  Your apologies should be for not showing this one sooner, lol !!  Terrific in all respects.

As far as "I get it"...believe me, I get it.  I have a 2 1/2 year old grandson who contracted Type 1 diabetes at 13 months and now is on an insulin pump. Since my wife and I help to babysit him every week day we have to be extremely careful of COVID, due to him being compromised.  "I get it," and my very  best wishes to your father-in-law and your family during these difficult times.

Again, as far as your submission goes........top notch.  Love your theme !!

Last edited by ADKShooter on Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Ron Day on Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:40 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Dave, I greatly respect your looking after your father in law in this way at this time. As you note, these are difficult times, and many in the US are unable to get the vaccine even though they qualify. Your image is another stunner! Love the framing of this handsome trio, particularly with the raised trunk in the back. And the surrounds have your magical special treatment and texture. A true pleasure to view! Well done!

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:21 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
This is fantastic, Dave.No apologies needed. One of your finest. I love the way they are lined up and seem to be marching in step. Background is the usual gorgeous! You're really on to something- no need to stop!!
Appreciate your concern for all and you kindness to family and friends. Vaccines are starting here in Vermont. Feel fortunate to have the opportunity though it's a little scary. ( tend to be s bit more sensitive than some to such things). But not as scary as getting Covid! We have been scrambling to get nursing home residents vaccinated ASAP-so vulnerable. And first responders, ..and prisoners...and....then the elderly.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by david fletcher on Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:42 am
david fletcher
Thank you so much, Warren, Ron and Cindy for sharing your thoughts and own experiences.

NSN00525

by Carol Clarke on Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:33 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Another beauty in your own unique style, Dave! What I love is that they are all in step - as indicated by their right front feet in unison. Such amazing and intelligent creatures with strong family bonds - very like us in these frightening times.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by david fletcher on Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:26 am
david fletcher
Thank you Carol. They are indeed wonderful beings and demonstrate many similar qualities to those funny creatures called homo sapiens, albeit I suspect, somewhat less warlike. (I too, was struck by the unity of step... Thank you)...

NSN00525

by Mary Brun on Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:10 pm
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
Dear David, another beautiful image masterfully interpreted.
I know what you are going through about your father-in-law, my mom also had diabetes.
Luckily she has always lived well with it on three insulins a day.
Mary
Mary
Mary Brun photography - "Trees are the support of the sky, if we cut them down, the firmament will fall over us" - Indios legend 

by david fletcher on Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:57 pm
david fletcher
Thank you Mary.  Very difficult times.... Sometimes sharing a glimpse into our own worlds means more than posting another image.  Whilst it is an image forum, very much is given to encourage and nurture, which by definition, is a form of caring for others.  

You only have to look at the moderators for the effort they continually give.  

The world we know has been thrown upside down a bit and what means more to me now is probably just touching base on a personal level, which brings back love and a bit of humanity.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

NSN00525

by dianarebman on Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:19 pm
dianarebman
Forum Contributor
Beautiful image. Love the treatment. Really brings out the details in the elephants! What a capture that they are all in step!

So glad your father in law was able to get vaccinated! Here in Oregon, our governor has decided to prioritize vaccinating teachers and school staff before seniors so that schools can hopefully reopen. Totally understand need to get schools open but it does leave seniors unprotected for an extended period of time. Oh well! More time to stay home and work on photos!

Stay safe!

by John Labrenz on Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:35 am
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Another beauty in this series David! Love it!

You are fortunate over there....my Dad is also 85....and waiting for his covid vaccination...but they are still in phase one here, vaccinating the health care workers. I doubt his age group will be in line until the end of March.
The rollout here has been abysmal.....

by david fletcher on Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:32 am
david fletcher
Thank you Diana and John! Appreciate your thoughts and info.

NSN00525

by Debapratim Saha on Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:57 am
Debapratim Saha
Forum Contributor
Beautiful art work David,well done.
Photography is the only solace in life

by david fletcher on Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:19 pm
david fletcher
Thank you Debapratim!

NSN00525

by david fletcher on Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:58 am
david fletcher
A quick thanks to all and to NSN for the EP. An honour.

NSN00525

15 posts |