Cheetah. Seeing Double.

Posted by david fletcher on Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:43 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 14 posts | 
Having a little play with Topaz again.  Please feel free to view uncompressed.  Thank you for looking and hope all safe.

Link to high Rez HERE
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Last edited by david fletcher on Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:59 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Looks like they are having a chat-love the way they are positioned, and as usual, you processed them beautifully. I like the grasses and the gradually lightening background. Hmmm- just noticed-part of same Cheetah body twice? Did you make some sort of composite? Very curious ! (The little bit of grass on their butts gives away the doubling...I think-or did they each have the same bits of grass there? ) Whatever you did, it's really clever!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by david fletcher on Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:19 pm
david fletcher
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Looks like they are having a chat-love the way they are positioned, and as usual, you processed them beautifully. I like the grasses and the gradually lightening background. Hmmm- just noticed-part of same Cheetah body twice?  Did you make some sort of composite? Very curious !  (The little bit of grass on their butts gives away the doubling...I think-or did they each have the same bits of grass there? ) Whatever you did, it's really clever!

Well spotted Cindy!  Brought such a chuckle... Yes, it's the same Cheetah.  Altered a few spots to keep a bit of guessing, as it's a "double", but slipped up on the grass on the butt. (LOL). I'll leave it here so others can see... but original tiff amended.  (processed both images this morning).   

Many, many thanks and top marks for being honest and so observant.  Big thumbs up... 

NSN00525

Last edited by david fletcher on Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Ron Day on Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:19 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Dave, this reminds me of a wonderful fine art painting – it is elegant and beautiful. Well done!!!

by Carol Clarke on Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:23 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I love what you've done here, and the end result is a really beautiful frame.  The cheetah/s and grasses are just right - not too much and not too little, the detail and colour palette is very nicely done.  Another wonderful offering from your creative mind and expert hands, Dave!

The beauty of Photo and Digital Art, is that you can do just what you like with your original subjects, or subject, as long as the original image has an acceptable content for our various galleries.  I have also got a frame of a cheetah, photographed and flipped so that it is sitting back to back with itself - which I rather like. :D 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by david fletcher on Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:48 pm
david fletcher
Carol Clarke wrote: The beauty of Photo and Digital Art, is that you can do just what you like with your original subjects, or subject, as long as the original image has an acceptable content for our various galleries.  I have also got a frame of a cheetah, photographed and flipped so that it is sitting back to back with itself - which I rather like. :D 

Carol.
Thank you so much Carol.  Great minds think alike.  (was watching a Steve Perry video this morning on focus stacking which gave me the desire to go through some files to see if I could adopt this technique.  That didn't go quite to plan as I found it easier to copy and move.  still a bit of a dinosaur Lol. Routine bread and butter for those that do it,.. and something I read about for those that don't. ).  

Anyway, after about 1 1/2 hours this morning I was moving where I wanted to be.  Bit behind your insight, but that's cool.  

I've found with what I'm doing now is that I'm closer to what I want to show.... Photo and Digital art is pretty well only limited to the imagination.   (trouble is there are so many differing paths ..LOL).  

Probably, like most best images, it comes from a visual image of what is wanted to be achieved.  Glad you are ok.  Every post I hear from you all is good in these tricky days.

NSN00525

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:09 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
david fletcher wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Looks like they are having a chat-love the way they are positioned, and as usual, you processed them beautifully. I like the grasses and the gradually lightening background. Hmmm- just noticed-part of same Cheetah body twice?  Did you make some sort of composite? Very curious !  (The little bit of grass on their butts gives away the doubling...I think-or did they each have the same bits of grass there? ) Whatever you did, it's really clever!

Well spotted Cindy!  Brought such a chuckle... Yes, it's the same Cheetah.  Altered a few spots to keep a bit of guessing, as it's a "double", but slipped up on the grass on the butt. (LOL). I'll leave it here so others can see... but original tiff amended.  (processed both images this morning).   

Many, many thanks and top marks for being honest and so observant.  Big thumbs up... 
Err- I hope I don't appear to be too critical! I think I only see these things because I do similar alterations. But the overall effect is VERY convincing!! You really did a great job making them look quite different. I would not have guessed except for the give away grass. LOL.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by david fletcher on Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:46 am
david fletcher
Thanks Cindy. That was good feedback and was appreciated, so all good. I'm sticking with a big thumbs up!.

NSN00525

by Debapratim Saha on Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:02 pm
Debapratim Saha
Forum Contributor
Beautiful art work David,very well done.
Photography is the only solace in life

by david fletcher on Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:37 am
david fletcher
Thank you Debapratim, and my thanks to the Editors for the EP. Am honoured. Thank you.

NSN00525

by John Labrenz on Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:18 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Awesome!
I think I am seeing double...good catch by Cindy...lol

Very nicely done David!
Yes digital manipulation is fun isn't it?...esp when one can't get out much due to Covid....

by david fletcher on Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:00 am
david fletcher
Thanks John. You are on the money re Covid too. (was a good catch by Cindy too...LOL)

NSN00525

by Mary Brun on Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:57 pm
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
Really an effect image,
I really like how you made the processing it really looks like a painting,
I would see it very well framed in a large format on a wall.
Mary
Mary
Mary Brun photography - "Trees are the support of the sky, if we cut them down, the firmament will fall over us" - Indios legend 

by david fletcher on Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:34 am
david fletcher
Thank you Mary.  Appreciate your thoughts.  (it is primed and has the resolution for a big print...next house move :) ).. 

NSN00525

14 posts |