Masai Giraffe. Twiga.

Posted by david fletcher on Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:01 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 12 posts | 
Another play with Topaz Studio.  Have found an algorithm that appeals.  Emotionally, I'm currently running with subjects that have dignity, serenity, and a calmness that reminds me of my own mother.  

(one may not be amused to be likened to a Giraffe...but you have only to look at their eyes and acknowledge the almost all knowing calmness and all knowing knowledge they exude... Just like mum). 

We all have life stories... My mum passed 26 years back just after Xmas.  Just thought to share that some images can I hope, refresh some pleasant past times with loved ones.   

Please feel free to view uncompressed.  Thank you for looking and hope all safe. 

High rez HERE
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525

by Mary Brun on Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:14 pm
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
A beautiful elaboration and an expression that truly expresses calm and serenity.
It is right to be able to remember what is infinitely dear to us.
Mary
Mary
Mary Brun photography - "Trees are the support of the sky, if we cut them down, the firmament will fall over us" - Indios legend 

by Ron Day on Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:23 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
This is lovely, Dave. A beautiful tribute to your mother, and an excellent image. Composition, pose, texture, color, and setting are all wonderful. And your description of the characteristics of the giraffe is spot-on. Well done!

by david fletcher on Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:49 pm
david fletcher
Thank you Mary and Ron. Can only thank you for your kindness and understanding.

NSN00525

by Carol Clarke on Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:52 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
A beautiful choice of subject and sympathetic artwork. Another winner!

Your current subjects and choice of technique are most certainly in harmony with your desire to remember your most special memories of those you hold dear, Dave. The natural world and its inhabitants can provide us with such solace both during times of loss and onwards infinitely. It can be anything from a favourite flower, creature or place, the sound of a waterfall, a colour, to just a tiny breeze brushing against our face. Rejoice in the memories.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by dianarebman on Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:16 pm
dianarebman
Forum Contributor
Beautiful image! Love the treatment. Everything about it exudes those traits- dignity, serenity and calmness. A wonderful tribute to your mother.

by John Labrenz on Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:25 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Beautifully done!
Memories are what connects us and often, that is all we have of a loved one. As Carol so wonderfully said...rejoice in those memories,

by david fletcher on Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:10 am
david fletcher
Many thanks Carol, Diana and John for your kind words.

NSN00525

by ADKShooter on Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:00 pm
ADKShooter
Forum Contributor
Member #:02167
Not sure of what words to say so let me start with......it's a wonderful image and the extra treatment you used to enhance it makes it even better.  The underlying emotion it evokes in you in regards to your "Mum" is probably similar to what I experience from time to time in regards to my Dad who has been gone for about 5 years. Anyways, I'm sure your "Mum" would have loved your work and the reason for which you have expressed is behind it.

by david fletcher on Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:04 am
david fletcher
Thank you so much Warren for your heart felt words. Difficult to articulate the right words, but thoughts of my loved ones are never far away. (Much the same, for each and every one of us). We all have life experiences and sometimes, it is a darn good thing to acknowledge, recognise, remember, rather than suppress them. As Mary and Carol said it is right and to rejoice. Thank you for sharing your words and your own memories of your father.

NSN00525

by Cynthia Crawford on Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:07 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
You have really found a very special place, both in your art and in your tribute to you Mom. This has just the right softness and sweetness-it seems to live in between here and "beyond. It also reflects the lovely feelings you express when you speak to us about ...well, everything. Always thoughtful and loving. Just beautiful, Dave...I wish I had a better word!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by david fletcher on Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:23 am
david fletcher
Thank you so much Cindy. Can't really express in words all the thanks and appreciation I have for everyone's thoughts and comments.

NSN00525

12 posts |