Set Fire to the Rain

Posted by david fletcher on Fri May 08, 2020 11:59 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 12 posts | 
Taken in the Scottish Highlands one February.  D800 and Nikon 70-200 2.8 II.  Bit of Topaz Glow and some blending.  

(The title comes from the feeling of fire in the foreground pines, and that song by Adele, where there is a side to you I never knew.)

Been a time since I played with Topaz.  Blasted update threw all my easy routes and had to re-learn. 

Please feel free to view uncompressed.  Thank you for looking and hope all safe. 
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525

by Carol Clarke on Fri May 08, 2020 12:43 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I know what you mean about the Topaz updates - I was quite happy with the old ones! A new learning curve. I love what you've done with this Scottish scene, Dave. Just the right amount of conversion to highlight the foreground 'fire pines' and they dance beautifully against the darker forest background and the ground beneath. Well done!!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by david fletcher on Fri May 08, 2020 1:19 pm
david fletcher
Carol Clarke wrote:I know what you mean about the Topaz updates - I was quite happy with the old ones!  A new learning curve.  I love what you've done with this Scottish scene, Dave.  Just the right amount of conversion to highlight the foreground 'fire pines' and they dance beautifully against the darker forest background and the ground beneath.  Well done!!

Carol.

Thanks Carol.  Darn updates.   "where were all this lovely bits I could find.... aaaah !)  

NSN00525

by Carol Clarke on Fri May 08, 2020 1:39 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
david fletcher wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:I know what you mean about the Topaz updates - I was quite happy with the old ones!  A new learning curve.  I love what you've done with this Scottish scene, Dave.  Just the right amount of conversion to highlight the foreground 'fire pines' and they dance beautifully against the darker forest background and the ground beneath.  Well done!!

Carol.

Thanks Carol.  Darn updates.   "where were all this lovely bits I could find.... aaaah !)  

I have yet to sit down and have a proper session trying the new version......I knew where I was with the old one..... :oops: 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by david fletcher on Fri May 08, 2020 2:18 pm
david fletcher
Carol Clarke wrote:
david fletcher wrote:

Carol.

I have yet to sit down and have a proper session trying the new version......I knew where I was with the old one..... :oops: 

Carol.
On the same hymn sheet Carol.  Truly, I know exactly what you mean.  

Trouble is, trying to produce an image via Topaz Glow is an emotional directive and moving the goalposts immediately adds other emotions such as frustration, anxiety and rejection.  Bother!

Still not done a proper session but uncovered enough today.  Daft programmers and poor marketing.  Need to take on board existing users as well as chasing new business.  (they wouldn't notice any difference not having prior experience).   

NSN00525

by Mark Boranyak on Fri May 08, 2020 5:50 pm
Mark Boranyak
Forum Contributor
Looks like it didn't take you too long to re-master it  :)

Nice work.

by Ron Day on Fri May 08, 2020 7:36 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
You certainly mastered the technique of adding flames to trees, Dave. Exceptional job. I also like the way you handled the background evergreens and the stream. Well done!!!

by John Labrenz on Fri May 08, 2020 7:53 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Absolutely love this!!!!

by david fletcher on Sat May 09, 2020 4:41 am
david fletcher
Thank you all for your kind words. Appreciated.

NSN00525

by Eia on Sat May 09, 2020 4:55 pm
Eia
Forum Contributor
That is 'electrifying'! Very cool!!
~AnnaMaria~

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat May 09, 2020 7:19 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Not sure what trouble you had with this! ;). Looks great- the "fire" is so well done, as are the flaming trees arising. So dynamic and dramatic. Love it! (Have not updated Topaz, so not sure what happened....maybe I shouldn't update !?)
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by david fletcher on Tue May 12, 2020 2:34 pm
david fletcher
Thank you Editors and NSN for the EP. A real honour.

NSN00525

12 posts |