Rise Like A Phoenix

Posted by Ron Day on Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:14 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 15 posts | 
I photographed this snow goose at Bosque del Apache NWR, and used Topaz plugins for this version. Please click on image to view full size.Thank you.
Nikon DX, Nikkor 500mm + 1.7x, f/6.7 @ 1/1000, ISO 400.

Posted by:
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819

by enrique patino on Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:31 pm
enrique patino
Forum Contributor
this one is just awesome. I am going to have to learn to do stuff like this.

by Carol Clarke on Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:11 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
This makes me think of a fiery phoenix rising from the dark ashes!

Absolutely gorgeous artwork, Ron! I Love it!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by dianarebman on Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:46 pm
dianarebman
Forum Contributor
Just love it!!! Wonderful!

by pranab das on Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:01 am
pranab das
Forum Contributor
Excellent image sir. Next EP.

by david fletcher on Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:06 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Carol Clarke wrote:This makes me think of a fiery phoenix rising from the dark ashes!

Absolutely gorgeous artwork, Ron!  I Love it!

Carol.
Me too.   Brilliant image Ron!   
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:51 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Wow- this is stunning, Ron! What a wonderfully imaginative and exciting rendition. The color and textures are just amazing. A hot one for sure!!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Eia on Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:41 am
Eia
Forum Contributor
Stunning - reminds me of the Phoenix rising and a great message during these times.
~AnnaMaria~

by Ron Day on Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:46 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Based on the comments from Carol, Dave, and AnnaMaria, I have changed the title from "Snow Goose Landing" to "Rise Like A Phoenix." "To rise like a phoenix from the ashes means to emerge from a catastrophe stronger, smarter and more powerful." Citation. What could be more fitting during these difficult times. I also changed my logo which I felt was too much. Thanks to you all for your comments, input, and ideas. Spot-on and greatly appreciated. :)

by Tusar Bhowmik on Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:09 am
Tusar Bhowmik
Forum Contributor
Amazing photo...!!!

by Gary Gulash on Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:38 am
Gary Gulash
Forum Contributor
Wow, this is dramatic as HE_ _ !!!! I marvel at your vision, your talent Ron- humbling!

by david fletcher on Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:10 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Ron Day wrote:Based on the comments from Carol, Dave, and AnnaMaria, I have changed the title from "Snow Goose Landing" to "Rise Like A Phoenix." "To rise like a phoenix from the ashes means to emerge from a catastrophe stronger, smarter and more powerful." Citation. What could be more fitting during these difficult times. I also changed my logo which I felt was too much. Thanks to you all for your comments, input, and ideas. Spot-on and greatly appreciated. :)
Thanks Ron for sharing the image with us.  (and to both of the ladies that recognise the Phoenix and what it represents in these difficult days).  

Lately, due to a bit of spare time on my hands, I have been watching footage of the US in the last world war.  (a period when we HAD to pull together).  Footage included also, what sacrifices every member of the public contributed states side, including the purchase of war bonds.  Firstly, I just want to applaud you'all.  Just remarkable.  Words will not adequately describe the honour, the resolve, and sacrifices made then.  

We will beat this. 

Secondly, re your image; I just want to add what a remarkable transformation on what was a remarkable image to start with Ron.  (4439?)  Top stuff!  

Trying to add a bit of levity to this grim situation, I must admit to some personal challenges.  (They who shall not be named, have made be bake cakes!!! Not once I must add, but twice now!).   (there are naturally many other challenges, but baking cakes is a nice thought compared to what I could ponder on). 

Be safe all!
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Ron Day on Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:16 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
david fletcher wrote:
Ron Day wrote:Based on the comments from Carol, Dave, and AnnaMaria, I have changed the title from "Snow Goose Landing" to "Rise Like A Phoenix." "To rise like a phoenix from the ashes means to emerge from a catastrophe stronger, smarter and more powerful." Citation. What could be more fitting during these difficult times. I also changed my logo which I felt was too much. Thanks to you all for your comments, input, and ideas. Spot-on and greatly appreciated. :)
Thanks Ron for sharing the image with us.  (and to both of the ladies that recognise the Phoenix and what it represents in these difficult days).  

Lately, due to a bit of spare time on my hands, I have been watching footage of the US in the last world war.  (a period when we HAD to pull together).  Footage included also, what sacrifices every member of the public contributed states side, including the purchase of war bonds.  Firstly, I just want to applaud you'all.  Just remarkable.  Words will not adequately describe the honour, the resolve, and sacrifices made then.  

We will beat this. 

Secondly, re your image; I just want to add what a remarkable transformation on what was a remarkable image to start with Ron.  (4439?)  Top stuff!  

Trying to add a bit of levity to this grim situation, I must admit to some personal challenges.  (They who shall not be named, have made be bake cakes!!! Not once I must add, but twice now!).   (there are naturally many other challenges, but baking cakes is a nice thought compared to what I could ponder on). 

Be safe all!
Thank you, Dave. I know of a gentleman who was asked by the government to work in the steel mills, rather serving in the military. And yes, it was a hugh sacrifice, but Great Britain sacrificed as well. Appreciate your input, Dave, and stay safe.

by Ron Day on Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:09 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
david fletcher wrote:

We will beat this. 

Be safe all!
Dave, it took me a while to understand 4439, but it finally hit me. It is not 4439, but very similar. Thanks and stay safe. :)

by John Labrenz on Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:29 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Very cool!!!

15 posts |