Vicuna

Posted by david fletcher on Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:08 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Cold, wintry day in Scotland.   Full frame.  played with Topaz and blended with B&W
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525

by Ron Day on Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:23 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Terrific low angle with a nice pose and visible eye. Great composition with plenty of room for the Vicuna to look through the frame. Love the B&W treatment to the Vicuna and the wonderful texture to its fur. The design of the image is excellent – we see what the Vicuna is seeing. Great to see your post here, Dave. Excellent work.  :)

by Carol Clarke on Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:44 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Ron Day wrote:Terrific low angle with a nice pose and visible eye. Great composition with plenty of room for the Vicuna to look through the frame. Love the B&W treatment to the Vicuna and the wonderful texture to its fur. The design of the image is excellent – we see what the Vicuna is seeing. Great to see your post here, Dave. Excellent work.  :)
I couldn't have said it better!  The partial b/w effect works beautifully with this particular scene and pops the vicuna so brilliantly from the setting to give a real 3D view.  A very striking image.  The more I look at it, the more I love it!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:32 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Love the approach you've taken to this- just the right amount of color and contrast. I like how you just see the Vicuna's eye and get an idea where it's looking-it makes me want to look too. I guess I won't ask what a Vicuna is doing in Scotland! ;). Or maybe I will.  (I guess people raise them here in Vermont too.)
Just a delightful piece of work Dave-fun to see this unusual approach.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by david fletcher on Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:40 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Many, many thanks all, for your thoughts and kind words.  

(A tale of two stories....1.  Cindy, you could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw this stroll down a bank.   Move up to a small ridge and then give me the eye... 2.  Kingussie Wildlife Park.  Loads of open space, which was great, and as mentioned, the stroll down the bank.... Not too sure why they would have them there either...).  Still think you could have knocked me over with a feather though.  LOL
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

5 posts |