Beauty of Bosque - Look behind!

Posted by Ramesh Kodavatiganti on Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:39 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
A couple years ago on a trip to Bosque with Nikhil Bahl, everyone was focussed to the magical scene of the setting sun and silhouettes of the cranes coming in to roost. I got a few of the same and then stepped back to enjoy and soak it in as the beauty was incomparable and captivating. Turned around and it was mesmerizingly beautiful and i had to capture it - i was the odd man out glass directed backwards, and i did not mind it !!!. I took a few shots with the small flocks of cranes coming in and minutes later all this was history. 

Posted by:
Ramesh Kodavatiganti
Forum Contributor
Member #:2109

by Ron Day on Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:16 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
What a wonderful moment in nature you were able to experience, Ramesh. A great story and a very fine image. In large view, the cranes are clearly visible over the horizon in beautiful light. I’ve been to Bosque and have experienced the “magic” you describe. Well done!

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:14 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Love your story and the magical results. Beautifully done with those dark colors glowing in the last light, and the little flock in flight. Such moments evoke wonderful memories if you were there, and a great mood if you weren't. (I've never been there, but I'd love to see this). I share your excitement.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:48 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
A must click for the uncompressed view to fully appreciate the fine detail and the cranes coming in! Beautiful layers, colours and light, Ramesh.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Ed Cordes on Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:30 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
Good advice to look around you. I have, over the years, missed a lot of outstanding moments just concentrating on the obvious.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by Ramesh Kodavatiganti on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:45 pm
Ramesh Kodavatiganti
Forum Contributor
Ed Cordes wrote:Good advice to look around you.  I have, over the years, missed a lot of outstanding moments just concentrating on the obvious.

Ed, thanks for viewing and appreciating my thoughts. You have a Wonderful gallery!!

by Ramesh Kodavatiganti on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:49 pm
Ramesh Kodavatiganti
Forum Contributor
Ron Day wrote:What a wonderful moment in nature you were able to experience, Ramesh. A great story and a very fine image. In large view, the cranes are clearly visible over the horizon in beautiful light. I’ve been to Bosque and have experienced the “magic” you describe. Well done!
Thank you very much Ron. I have struggled a lot with image and was literally deleting it! Took multiple looks and kept staring at it - the bulb finally lit and its a big keeper. After your comments it is definitely a keeper. Seeing so many avian portraits on all media one gets caught up in the whirlpool!!

Ramesh

by Ramesh Kodavatiganti on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:50 pm
Ramesh Kodavatiganti
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:A must click for the uncompressed view to fully appreciate the fine detail and the cranes coming in!  Beautiful layers, colours and light, Ramesh.

Carol.

Thank you Carol

by Ramesh Kodavatiganti on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:52 pm
Ramesh Kodavatiganti
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Love your story and the magical results. Beautifully done with those dark colors glowing in the last light, and the little flock in flight. Such moments evoke wonderful memories if you were there, and a great mood if you weren't. (I've never been there, but I'd love to see this). I share your excitement.

Cynthia, thank you very much for appreciating the image and your comments. Bosque is a small piece of paradise. JUST SUPERB!!

by david fletcher on Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:09 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Like your style Ramesh!
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

10 posts |