Redbuds in the breeze

Posted by Ramesh Kodavatiganti on Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:35 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
The riverwalk has a cluster of Redbud trees that bloom every spring. It's a treat to just stare at these beauties. A late start at work prompted for a stroll along the river - of course i carry my camera around all the time. A gentle breeze caught  and the ruffling of the blooms caught my attention and fired up my imagination. 
Walking down the steps for a vantage view framed these beautiful blooms at a slow shutter speed. After multiple attempts - i got my frown out and replaced with a smile.
What i like most in this particular picture is that got the banded bark and branches. THe slow shutter speed but the blur yet preserved identity
Nikon D850 105/2.8 @ 105mm, f/11, 1/4 sec

Posted by:
Ramesh Kodavatiganti
Forum Contributor
Member #:2109

by Ron Day on Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:43 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Very nice abstract, Ramesh. Love the slow shutter and the blurring you achieved with it. The banding on the branches, you mention, is awesome. I see why this image put a smile on your face. Well done.  :)

by Cynthia Crawford on Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:28 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Very pretty abstract, Ramesh. Just the right amount of blur so the blossoms blend together to create a feel of motion. Love the colors and soft feel of spring. How lovely that you get to see these beauties every spring, and appreciate them!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by John Labrenz on Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:34 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
good creativity by thinking "outside the box"...with a wonderful result!!

4 posts |