forces of gravity - opposing & unpposed

Posted by Ramesh Kodavatiganti on Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:36 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
Backyard photography !! All summer long the Ruby throated hummingbirds fed off the nectar in these fragrant floral beauties of the Honeysuckle vine. Every year i try for newer compositions and it never gets boring. 
THe dark green background comes from an evergreen shrub. it was a late  summer afternoon and the side lighting from the right helped while i moved into position to frame this flower and bird. 
No matter how many times i have seen them - its always "first love"
Fired away on CH mode and chimping between captures and bird sighting i grabbed a few of these frames! Beaming with a smile Happy i was!!

Posted by:
Ramesh Kodavatiganti
Forum Contributor
Member #:2109

by Ron Day on Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:20 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
I like how you lined up this shot – the position of the bird in relation to the flower and the falling blossom. The side light is nice, and so is the dark green background. You did a great job of conveying the low light level in this scene, but if you were to select and lighten the bird just a little I feel it would "pop" and make the image even better. I can relate to your "happy" feelings, as I experience the same whenever I photograph these hummingbirds. :)

by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:16 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Ron Day wrote:I like how you lined up this shot – the position of the bird in relation to the flower and the falling blossom. The side light is nice, and so is the dark green background. You did a great job of conveying the low light level in this scene, but if you were to select and lighten the bird just a little I feel it would "pop" and make the image even better. I can relate to your "happy" feelings, as I experience the same whenever I photograph these hummingbirds. :)
My thoughts exactly! Love your "happy thoughts"- hummers are a joy, and you did very well with this one! Sometimes computer screens show different resolution too....hard to tell. But would love to see this little bird a bit brighter.
Thanks for sharing.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Ramesh Kodavatiganti on Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:14 pm
Ramesh Kodavatiganti
Forum Contributor
Member #:2109
Ron & Cindy,
Appreciate with your feedback. Will attempt corrections as recommended! HNY 2020 to you both and your families

4 posts |