Altered Jerome

Posted by Jeff Colburn on Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:24 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
I'm expanding my photography into new areas. This photo is one direction I'm moving to, which is the manipulation of an image to give it a different look. Adding mystery and fantasy is my goal. I want to create an image that makes people stop and ask, "What's going on here?" Enjoy this photo from Jerome, Arizona.

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

Posted by:
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:08 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
I think you succeeded in tweaking my curiosity! No idea what this is, but it makes for interesting speculation , and a nice abstract feel. Love the idea of this kind of experimentation. Well done!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Ron Day on Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:13 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
To me, this image is all about dimension. The foreground object appears three dimensional with its lines and angles, and the background white objects appear cut out and two dimensional. These different dimensions appear more noticeable when the image is clicked on and its white border appears. So, yes, I asked “What’s going on here?” And my answer is a creative abstract image which blends dimension.

by Jeff Colburn on Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:32 am
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:I think you succeeded in tweaking my curiosity! No idea what this is, but it makes for interesting speculation , and a nice abstract feel. Love the idea of this kind of experimentation. Well done!
Hi Cynthia,

I'm glad you like my photo.

This is one of the many girders that form the Audrey Headframe in Jerome, Arizona. The headframe would lower and pull out men, ore and equipment from one of the mines there.

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

by Jeff Colburn on Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:34 am
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Ron Day wrote:To me, this image is all about dimension. The foreground object appears three dimensional with its lines and angles, and the background white objects appear cut out and two dimensional. These different dimensions appear more noticeable when the image is clicked on and its white border appears. So, yes, I asked “What’s going on here?” And my answer is a creative abstract image which blends dimension.
Hi Ron,

Thanks, I'm glad you found my photo interesting.

This is one of the many girders that form the Audrey Headframe in Jerome, Arizona. The headframe would lower and pull out men, ore and equipment from one of the mines there. The background image is more of the headframe, made of girders and cables.

Have Fun,
Jeff

5 posts |