Mallard in the Sunset

Posted by Cynthia Crawford on Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:25 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
This is a combination of several iterations- the original photo, a "sunset"  and "sketch"from Topaz Studio.  I was looking for something that looked a little more graphic-perhaps similar to a fine grained woodcut.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

Posted by:
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733

by leigha on Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:47 pm
leigha
Forum Contributor
Nice looking Mallard, Cynthia

by Ron Day on Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:03 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
This guy looks familiar, Cindy.  :wink:  I can tell you are having fun with him. The sketch and graphic treatment works very well. The sunset colors are beautiful, and I love how the rings in the water are around and emphasize the duck. A great wing flap pose, by the way.

by Carol Clarke on Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:22 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I think you got your woodcut effect beautifully, and the 'conductor' pose in your original photo is great - I think if you boost and enrich your colour tones on both mallard and water just a little, it would really give this the feel of that unmistakable sunset on water 'glow' that seems a touch too pale as shown.  The image would then really sing along with the orchestra.  :wink:

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:32 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Carol Clarke wrote:I think you got your woodcut effect beautifully, and the 'conductor' pose in your original photo is great - I think if you boost and enrich your colour tones on both mallard and water just a little, it would really give this the feel of that unmistakable sunset on water 'glow' that seems a touch too pale as shown.  The image would then really sing along with the orchestra.  :wink:

Carol.
Thanks Carol. I tried to intensify the color and the expense of that woodcut look, I think. Maybe i should just change the title! :P 
In any case, here's a version for you:
Better? 
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:42 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:I think you got your woodcut effect beautifully, and the 'conductor' pose in your original photo is great - I think if you boost and enrich your colour tones on both mallard and water just a little, it would really give this the feel of that unmistakable sunset on water 'glow' that seems a touch too pale as shown.  The image would then really sing along with the orchestra.  :wink:

Carol.
Thanks Carol. I tried to intensify the color and the expense of that woodcut look, I think. Maybe i should just change the title! :P 
In any case, here's a version for you:
Better? 
Now I love that!  I do appreciate that you were treading a fine line between the colour and your woodcut texture, but for me, the enriched version really has that sunset glow and a vibrant, warm feel that brings it to life.  A beauty, Cindy!

Carol.
(aka awkward 'Ole Moo!)
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

6 posts |