Country Road -Vermont Winter

Posted by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:26 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 11 posts | 
This is the road I live on- (or rather off of- our driveway is 400 feet straight up from the snowbank in the foreground). . I have been feeling a bit under the weather, so this kind of says it all! :D 
I used some app that is part of Topaz Studio, but I can't remember which one. (A bit fuzzy-headed, maybe).
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

Posted by:
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733

by Ron Day on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:51 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
I see a lot of life and action in this image, Cindy. Specifically, it appears that blustery winds are significantly blowing the tree limbs on both sides of the road. It is a stormy scene in the very lovely landscape in which you live. And I love the artistic treatment you applied to the road and trees. The leading line of the road also is a terrific compositional element. Sorry you are not feeling up to par, and I hope you feel better soon, but I love your sharing with us a glimpse of the lovely, snowy countryside where you live. Beautiful. :D

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:32 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
It almost feels as if those trees are sentient beings about to reach out and grab you in an alternate universe where trees are out to snatch up mammalian life - whoa! No I have not been smoking anything... :o

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:51 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
E.J. Peiker wrote:It almost feels as if those trees are sentient beings about to reach out and grab you in an alternate universe where trees are out to snatch up mammalian life - whoa!  No I have not been smoking anything... :o
Lol! Yes, they kinda express how I was feeling at the time. Actually, I have not (yet) been attacked by the trees-they are very friendly. The road, however, can eat you up. 10 foot ditches  with no way to get by during several hurricanes, 4-5 feet of snow recently,and major ooze in mud season. Love it here. :)
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:26 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I knew you lived in a beautiful place but I didn't know it was the enchanted forest!  :P 

The effects here are quite magical, Cindy, and the animated trees are wonderful.  I really love this creative, fantasy scene.

Brilliant work!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by leigha on Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:33 pm
leigha
Forum Contributor
Awesome - love the treatment presented here.

by david fletcher on Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:15 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Hope you are feeling better Cindy. this is pure magic.
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by capebretondoc on Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:45 pm
capebretondoc
Forum Contributor
This is really neat. Love the sense of mevement and the way the road curves off in the distance.
Gail
gailbissonphotography.zenfolio.com
Instagram @gailmbisson

by Eia on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:15 pm
Eia
Forum Contributor
The effect is perfect for this image -- I think. The blistery cold really shows thru. To me - it is somewhat ominous but at the same time very beautiful. So maybe the ominous look reflects how you feel. ;)
~AnnaMaria~

by Katlady on Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:03 am
Katlady
Forum Contributor
Sorry you are under the weather. I love the feathery effect it really lends to a blowy, snowy day. Very nicely done.
Observing and recording nature should always be done with awe and the knowledge that it is a privilege to just be there!
        -Kathy Urbach-

by John Labrenz on Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:08 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Love this!!!
So well done.

11 posts |