Ospreys and Fish

Posted by SantaFeJoe on Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:59 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
Two ospreys with a fish at a nest in central NM. Original taken with Nikon D200, 500f4 lens at f9 and 1/350 sec. Transformed in Samsung Galaxy s8 with an app called MIX and a couple of filters, then adjusted in Windows.
All C&C welcome. Please click on image. Thanks. 

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

Posted by:
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor

by Ron Day on Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:10 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
You could not have asked for a nicer incoming osprey pose, Joe. And the view of the other osprey with the fish at the nest is ideal. The color and detail on the birds appears very good. My only suggestion would be to reduce the degree of texture in the sky. Nice work.

by Cynthia Crawford on Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:01 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Hey Joe- you've been doing some great stuff with these filters. This one, however, doesn't work quite so well for me. The sky texture is kind of strong, and the details are lost on the osprey. Perhaps part of the problem is the strong shadow side of the flying bird.

I gotta give yo credit, though, for putting your stuff out there and learning a lot along the way. Experimenting is the way to go, especially in this highly variable field of photography where practically anything can be altered to some effect. It's hard to know, at least for me, where to begin, where to stop. Not unlike brush and paint art.

I'll be this is a terrific photo in itself- nicely composed. Love the colors and mood. Keep up the good work!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:45 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Another vote for changing the bg texture, Joe. When the bg has more texture than the subject, it has a very strange effect IMO.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

4 posts |