Wild Stallion Dance

Posted by SantaFeJoe on Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:29 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
An image of a wild stallion that was challenging another white stallion in central NM. Reference:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=230894

Original taken with Nikon D700, Nikon 80-200 f2.8, converted in Samsung Galaxy s8 using an app called MIX and a filter called Brushstrokes. The style is similar to the muted color woodblock prints of Gustave Baumann seen here:

Gustave Baumann

the All C&C welcome. Please click on image. Thanks.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

Posted by:
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor

by Ron Day on Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:44 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
It works for me, Joe. I realize our opinions are subjective, but your treatment of the mane and tail, and the way it mimics the foreground vegetation, is wonderful, in my opinion. This is my favorite of your recent postings. Well done!

by Cynthia Crawford on Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:36 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Nice one, Joe. Very pleasing colors and textures. And I say that though I am not especially fond of this style. Within that context, it is excellent!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:51 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
From the title I was expecting more posturing - like your b/w image. The mane is certainly dancing but I wish the stallion was prancing some, as well. I do like your colour palette and the way that the long strands on mane and tail echo the texture of the fg plants, as this gives a lovely continuity through the frame, Joe!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by SantaFeJoe on Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:22 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:From the title I was expecting more posturing - like your b/w image. The mane is certainly dancing but I wish the stallion was prancing some, as well.  I do like your colour palette and the way that the long strands on mane and tail echo the texture of the fg plants, as this gives a lovely continuity through the frame, Joe!

Carol.
Here’s another version that I was going to do with the same treatment, but I went with this one above instead:

https://www.naturescapes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=231378

Thanks for the comments and input, all.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Carol Clarke on Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:41 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
SantaFeJoe wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:From the title I was expecting more posturing - like your b/w image. The mane is certainly dancing but I wish the stallion was prancing some, as well.  I do like your colour palette and the way that the long strands on mane and tail echo the texture of the fg plants, as this gives a lovely continuity through the frame, Joe!

Carol.
Here’s another version that I was going to do with the same treatment, but I went with this one above instead:

https://www.naturescapes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=231378

Thanks for the comments and input, all.

Joe

Now you're talking!  I hope you have a go with this other one, Joe.  He really is dancing.  :P 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

6 posts |