fbpixel

Moonglow


Posted by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 13 posts | 
Image
This was a photo taken 2 days after the eclipse as the moon set near my home. I had also just sung the song "Moonglow" in a chorus, in the middle of that big snowstorm the day of the eclipse.  So, thinking moon mood...this resulted. Some Topaz, a lot of hand painting and Photoshop Liquify, and I don't remember what else. Had fun anyway.

Original photo Nikon D750, 10-80, 1/1000, f/10, ISO 800.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

User avatar
Posted by:
Cynthia Crawford
Moderator
Location: Vermont
Member #:00733
Posts: 12100
Joined: 10 Jun 2006

   

by SantaFeJoe on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:41 am
User avatar
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Posts: 6532
Joined: 28 Jan 2012
Member #:01817
The Starry Night? Looks much the same! Nice effect.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Starry_Night

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso
 

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:09 am
User avatar
Cynthia Crawford
Moderator
Posts: 12100
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Member #:00733
SantaFeJoe wrote:
The Starry Night? Looks much the same! Nice effect.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Starry_Night

Joe

:mrgreen:  Yes-I had that in mind to some degree, but I didn't have to cut off my ear to do this! :wink:
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb
 

by david fletcher on Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:51 pm
User avatar
david fletcher
Lifetime Member
Posts: 18366
Joined: 24 Sep 2004
Location: UK
Member #:00525
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
SantaFeJoe wrote:
The Starry Night? Looks much the same! Nice effect.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Starry_Night

Joe

:mrgreen:  Yes-I had that in mind to some degree, but I didn't have to cut off my ear to do this! :wink:



Blimey.. That Vincent fella wants pegging back a bit.  (Time travelling and pinching your ideas Cindy, :) )... Not on at all!   H..ear  H..ear to that!   

First and lasting thoughts though, are such a wonderful, striking and magical image.  Congrats
Make your life spectacular!
 

by Ron Day on Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:18 pm
User avatar
Ron Day
Moderator
Posts: 10606
Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Member #:00819
This is lovely, Cindy. The spiral motion of the moon depicted is wonderful. And the starbursts throughout the image are perfect for driving home the feeling that we are looking at the universe. One of your better images, in my opinion. Beautiful work. :D
 

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:13 pm
User avatar
Cynthia Crawford
Moderator
Posts: 12100
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Member #:00733
david fletcher wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
SantaFeJoe wrote:
The Starry Night? Looks much the same! Nice effect.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Starry_Night

Joe

:mrgreen:  Yes-I had that in mind to some degree, but I didn't have to cut off my ear to do this! :wink:



Blimey.. That Vincent fella wants pegging back a bit.  (Time travelling and pinching your ideas Cindy, :) )... Not on at all!   H..ear  H..ear to that!   

First and lasting thoughts though, are such a wonderful, striking and magical image.  Congrats

:lol:  Thanks, Dave! Too bad he didn't have photoshop to work with , huh? He had to use those smelly messy oils.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb
 

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:30 pm
User avatar
Cynthia Crawford
Moderator
Posts: 12100
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Member #:00733
Ron Day wrote:
This is lovely, Cindy. The spiral motion of the moon depicted is wonderful. And the starbursts throughout the image are perfect for driving home the feeling that we are looking at the universe. One of your better images, in my opinion. Beautiful work. :D

Thank you Ron!  Something to do when cabin fever sets it. :)
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb
 

by Ron Day on Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:09 pm
User avatar
Ron Day
Moderator
Posts: 10606
Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Member #:00819
Congratulations on the EP, Cindy! Beautiful work! :D
 

by Carol Clarke on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:49 pm
User avatar
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Posts: 57929
Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Location: Bucks, UK. In tune with Nature.
Member #:00067
This is like a scene from a dream, you could lose yourself in the mists of time quite happily!  Beautifully done, Cindy.  The swirling blue softness is like snuggling into a luxurious feather bed.  :D 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.


"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067
 

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:18 pm
User avatar
Cynthia Crawford
Moderator
Posts: 12100
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Member #:00733
Carol Clarke wrote:
This is like a scene from a dream, you could lose yourself in the mists of time quite happily!  Beautifully done, Cindy.  The swirling blue softness is like snuggling into a luxurious feather bed.  :D 

Carol.

Thank you Carol! You have such a wonderful way with words-beautiful poetry to enhance the mood. :D
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb
 

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:19 pm
User avatar
Cynthia Crawford
Moderator
Posts: 12100
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Member #:00733
Ron Day wrote:
Congratulations on the EP, Cindy! Beautiful work! :D

Thanks Ron!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb
 

by Yun Gao on Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:35 pm
User avatar
Yun Gao
Forum Contributor
Posts: 51
Joined: 01 Jan 2019
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Member #:02137
Nice processing. Looks like it could be an illustration of a children's book.
 

by himadri roy on Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:46 am
User avatar
himadri roy
Forum Contributor
Posts: 2488
Joined: 24 Jan 2014
Location: Jalpaiguri , W.B. India
Mind blowing image. Congratulation.
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:  
13 posts | 

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group