Fox Kits-got an itch!

Posted by Cynthia Crawford on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:49 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
This was taken some time ago- it is a huge crop-thought it would look best as a painting. Topaz impression and many tweaks.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

Posted by:
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733

by Ron Day on Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:33 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Cindy, love the texture, don't know if it's canvas or paper, but it works perfectly. Actually, it looks more like a water color painting to me. Wonderful capture of this pair of kits – and great timing to capture the scratch of the itch. Also, I feel the pose of the two on the boulder, with one scratching, is ideal. The green grasses form a perfect backdrop and are painted beautifully. A lovely and artistic piece! :)

by Cynthia Crawford on Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:29 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Ron Day wrote:Cindy, love the texture, don't know if it's canvas or paper, but it works perfectly. Actually, it looks more like a water color painting to me. Wonderful capture of this pair of kits – and great timing to capture the scratch of the itch. Also, I feel the pose of the two on the boulder, with one scratching, is ideal. The green grasses form a perfect backdrop and are painted beautifully. A lovely and artistic piece! :)
Thanks Ron-I don't know what medium I'd classify this as....doesn't much matter, but the "paper" reminds me of what I might use for pastels. By the way, they are actually sitting on the dug up dirt just outside their den-the smoothing out of it does look more like a rock. :)
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:31 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Everything that Ron said plus I love the poses. Not only the one scratching but the other one with head turn towards its sibling brings the two together beautifully!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

4 posts |