HEEEELP!

Posted by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:35 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 14 posts | 
As you may recall, Blak Byrd arrived in the pumpkin patch intent on a pumpkin snack. He was joined by his accomplice, Star Ling, and just as they were about to feast, a beast arrived-the Ghost of Pumpkins Past! Well, Blak Byrd thought he could vanquish the evil spirit. Star Ling was a bit more cautious.
(Just so you know, Blak Bird DID finally escape, but just barely. They both took fright, err,  flight!) :mrgreen:

(Topaz and PS Liquify filters, and some brushwork- composite)
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

Posted by:
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733

by david fletcher on Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:48 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Wow.  Such a fun image Cindy.  Spooky though.  I only just recently come into that Star Ling critter only the other day... either it's getting around real quick or it's on that "it's got wings" stuff... (Red Bull)... not seen that Blak Byrd recently, but did see Gene Ren this morning.  

Thanks Cindy, Great fun series and input.  Happy Halloween
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Last edited by david fletcher on Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:52 pm
Cynthia Crawford
david fletcher wrote:Wow.  Such a fun image Cindy.  Spooky though.  I only just recently come into that Star Ling critter only the other day... either it's getting around real quick or it's on that "it's got wings" stuff... (Red Bull)... not seen that Blak Byrd recently, but did see Gene Ren this morning.  

Thanks Cindy, Great fun series and input.
Thanks, David. Star Ling and relatives made a big show here- around 150+ of them. They hang around all winter . Err- who is Gene Ren?  Have we met? :?
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:59 pm
Cynthia Crawford
By the way, here's the fearsome Spirit of Pumpkins past in it's tamer version, found on a porch one day long after Halloween. It appears to be rather tame, but I suspect it has unseen qualities!

by david fletcher on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:42 pm
david fletcher
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
david fletcher wrote:Wow.  Such a fun image Cindy.  Spooky though.  I only just recently come into that Star Ling critter only the other day... either it's getting around real quick or it's on that "it's got wings" stuff... (Red Bull)... not seen that Blak Byrd recently, but did see Gene Ren this morning.  

Thanks, David. Star Ling and relatives made a big show here- around 150+ of them. They hang around all winter . Err- who is Gene Ren?  Have we met? :?
Hi Cindy.  You might well have met Gene Ren.  She's a bit flighty and oft goes in the disguise of a Jenny Wren..   :)  Sneaky blighter

NSN00525

by david fletcher on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:50 pm
david fletcher
Cynthia Crawford wrote:By the way, here's the fearsome Spirit of Pumpkins past in it's tamer version, found on a porch one day long after Halloween. It appears to be rather tame, but I suspect it has unseen qualities!
It has such a nice smile Cindy, but looks like it needs a quick make over.  (Botox any good... I wouldn't know.  perhaps in the light of a full moon that'll change).

NSN00525

by Ron Day on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:53 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
So glad to learn the names of these intruders – they are lucky they escaped from The Ghost of Pumpkins Past. What a wonderful series, Cindy. So creative of you to come up with this idea. Loved it!

by MalcolmBenn on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:39 pm
MalcolmBenn
Forum Contributor
Wow now that is creative .. both the image and the accompanying story line. I've never tried the liquify filters in PS, I'll need to have a look.
Malcolm Benn

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8357466@N03/

by LynnS on Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:34 pm
LynnS
Forum Contributor
Cindy, aha, thanks for the ghoulishly entertaining Halloween-themed story!  Wicked treatment with the liquidly morphing pumpkin and the slinking, swimming liqui-bird.  Neat to see the onlooker's feet immersed in the oceanic orange plasma.  As always, I enjoy your freedom of creativity - you just go for it.  Happy Halloween!
Lynn

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:27 pm
Cynthia Crawford
:lol:
david fletcher wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:By the way, here's the fearsome Spirit of Pumpkins past in it's tamer version, found on a porch one day long after Halloween. It appears to be rather tame, but I suspect it has unseen qualities!
It has such a nice smile Cindy, but looks like it needs a quick make over.  (Botox any good... I wouldn't know.  perhaps in the light of a full moon that'll change).
:lol:  Botox!  Yeah, the full moon probably does it!

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:28 pm
Cynthia Crawford
david fletcher wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:

Hi Cindy.  You might well have met Gene Ren.  She's a bit flighty and oft goes in the disguise of a Jenny Wren..   :)  Sneaky blighter
Oh, I'm so sorry I've never met Jenny Wren. Please introduce her!

by Carol Clarke on Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:11 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Ha! Love it! When its finished munching on your starlings, there are a a few around here it can start on!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by david fletcher on Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:04 pm
david fletcher
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
david fletcher wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:

Managed to catch her unawares today Cindy.

NSN00525

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:00 pm
Cynthia Crawford
david fletcher wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
david fletcher wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:

Managed to catch her unawares today Cindy.
Oh, my!! She is adorable!!  She has a marvellous hat and broom-perhaps she can help rescue poor Star Ling! :lol:

14 posts |