The Church

Posted by Peter Ireland on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:32 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
We stopped in Graaf Reinet a few years ago which is a town in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa. This beautiful church was situated at the end of the high street for all to see.
On this image, I used Topaz impression with some saturation and again used apply image in Photoshop and lowered the opacity.

Posted by:
Peter Ireland
Forum Contributor
Member #:01589

by Ron Day on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:57 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Peter, lovely symmetry in this image, and what a beautiful church. The textures you achieved throughout the image with Topaz Impression are quite attractive. Very nice painterly presentation.

by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:23 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Got to agree with Ron- really attractive and elegant piece of work. It would be nice to get rid of those white tapes on the left- the "spot healing brush" does that beautifully. 
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:06 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I like this a lot. It's a great structure for sure! Shoot scenes like this relatively often I do have some input on how it could be a lot better in my personal opinion. Shooting this through a gap the gate to avoid the foreground stuff provides less distraction. For shots like this to really add a lot of punch, getting it perfectly level in the horizontal is important and a bit of perspective correction would really take it to the next level. Sorry for the critical nature but it is a critique forum afterall :)

4 posts |