In the Moonlight

Posted by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:06 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
This has so many elements, I can't remember them all. I think I started with Topaz ReStyle, then rearranged the tree a bit, added a moon, and who knows what else! Was trying to go for a sort of Chinese brush painting effect. I think the bird was a red-eyed Vireo, once upon a time.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

Posted by:
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733

by Ron Day on Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:26 am
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Cindy, the Chinese brush painting effect is definitely present, and it looks great. I love your positioning of the bird within the frame; this is such a great composition. Also, the subtle texture in the background is lovely. Creative, unique, and artistic! Beautiful work.

by Carol Clarke on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:22 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I agree with everything Ron said about this beautiful creation, Cindy. You dertainly accomplished what you set out to achieve in the style of oriental brush work, and the end result is quite magical and so peaceful.

A beauty in every respect! Love it.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Kim on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:10 pm
Kim
Forum Contributor
It does look impressive Cynthia. The one thing to strengthen it would be to put the moon behind the branch rather than in front as it is now.

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:09 am
Cynthia Crawford
Kim wrote:It does look impressive Cynthia. The one thing to strengthen it would be to put the moon behind the branch rather than in front as it is now.
Hey Kim- you're right-I couldn't figure out how to do that, so I thought it looked sort of like the moonlight was showing through the branches. :).
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Kim on Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:18 am
Kim
Forum Contributor
Hi Cynthia. If you worked in layers you can have the tree branch and the bird as the top layer, the moon as the middle layer on it own and the background as the bottom layer. If you only added the moon as a layer above the tree and bird then apply a layer mask and paint out the moon where it crosses the tree branch or use 'the blend if' function to see if you can blend using the sliders to get a result.

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:59 am
Cynthia Crawford
Kim wrote:Hi Cynthia. If you worked in layers you can have the tree branch and the bird as the top layer, the moon as the middle layer on it own and the background as the bottom layer. If you only added the moon as a layer above the tree and bird then apply a layer mask and paint out the moon where it crosses the tree branch or use  'the blend if' function to see if you can blend using the sliders to get a result.
Thanks Kim-I did work in layers-I'll have another look. I think I tried to put the moon "behind" but for some reason couldn't.

by Peter Ireland on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:24 am
Peter Ireland
Forum Contributor
Member #:01589
Beautiful creation Cynthia.

8 posts |