Red Eft and A Mushroom

Posted by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:03 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
We've had sooo much rain lately. It brings out many mushrooms, and the little Red Efts, in our woods. This Eft crawled out from under a fallen mushroom. Painted with Topaz and modified in Photoshop.
I found it amusing in a miniature world. Please click on this for better color, etc.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

Posted by:
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733

by Ron Day on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:32 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
What a unique find, Cindy. Was the Eft seeking shelter under the mushroom, or the subject of an unfortunate accident? There is a lovely contrast between the colors of the mushroom and Eft, and the textures you have added are beautiful. Well done!

by Cynthia Crawford on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:25 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Ron Day wrote:What a unique find, Cindy. Was the Eft seeking shelter under the mushroom, or the subject of an unfortunate accident? There is a lovely contrast between the colors of the mushroom and Eft, and the textures you have added are beautiful. Well done!
Hi Ron

Thanks-no harm done to the Eft-it was just wandering around. The mushroom was feather light, and Efts are tough little critters. I think they are made of rubber! ;)
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Ron Day on Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:37 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Ron Day wrote:What a unique find, Cindy. Was the Eft seeking shelter under the mushroom, or the subject of an unfortunate accident? There is a lovely contrast between the colors of the mushroom and Eft, and the textures you have added are beautiful. Well done!
Hi Ron

Thanks-no harm done to the Eft-it was just wandering around. The mushroom was feather light, and Efts are tough little critters. I think they are made of rubber! ;)
Glad it is ok, I thought that the mushroom may have fallen on it. A great scene in the miniature world. My first time to see an Eft, so thanks for sharing, Cindy.

by Carol Clarke on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:54 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I love newts!  They were everywhere when I was a child but sadly much rarer now.  A lovely find with this youngster, Cindy and what a beautiful colour.  I hope we see some more of your little woodland treasures.  A subtle hint...... :D 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

5 posts |