Kibber Village

Posted by sraja on Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:35 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
This is a tiny village in the Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh, India.
[font=arial, sans-serif]This village is located in a cold desert mountain valley located high in the Himalaya mountains. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]View the full Image. The high res image can be viewed here[/font]

Posted by:
sraja
Forum Contributor

by Ron Day on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:59 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Beautiful image, Srirama. I like the people you included for scale – it shows what a vast area this is. I'm curious, what treatment did you use to qualify your image for the Photo & Digital Art gallery?

by john on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:05 pm
john
Lifetime Member
Member #:00404
Beautiful setting!I like your brightly clothed people on the rockpile to add some color.

by sraja on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:59 pm
sraja
Forum Contributor
Ron Day wrote:Beautiful image, Srirama. I like the people you included for scale – it shows what a vast area this is. I'm curious, what treatment did you use to qualify your image for the Photo & Digital Art gallery?

Ron, used the Oil Paint filter to get the painting effect.  Please check out the link to  see the  details in high res.  Thanks

by Ron Day on Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:04 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
sraja wrote:
Ron Day wrote:Beautiful image, Srirama. I like the people you included for scale – it shows what a vast area this is. I'm curious, what treatment did you use to qualify your image for the Photo & Digital Art gallery?

Ron, used the Oil Paint filter to get the painting effect.  Please check out the link to  see the  details in high res.  Thanks
Thanks. Checked out the large view and the painting looks great.

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:15 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Hi Srirama

Very lovely scene-nicely processed with just enough altered texture to make this look painted. Very nice colors. Spectacular mountains! I agree with Ron-the people give perspective. (Ron- click on the link above for a high-res view- you can see the "painting". )
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

6 posts |