12 Bald Eagle composite

Posted by Brian P. Bower on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:02 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 11 posts | 
Composite image of 12 Bald Eagles and background, all taken in and around Homer Alaska, at Jean Keene's, the eagle lady's place on Homer Spit. Brian P. Bower
Visit my website at CamraScapes.com

Posted by:
Brian P. Bower
Forum Contributor

by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:08 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Hi Brian

This is terrific! So well designed with so many interesting poses , all beautifully clear. The background is also just a perfect setting. It must have taken you quite a while to put this together.
My only question is whether the one very distant eagle in the upper right adds to the effect, or perhaps is a slight distraction. No matter- either way, this is a striking creation.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Ron Day on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:55 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Brian, this is outstanding! I've been to Homer and Jean's place, and if she were still with us, I bet she would flip over your composite. You truly did capture the "spirit" of this wonderful place, and your composite does it justice. Congratulations on such fine work!

by Brian P. Bower on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:18 pm
Brian P. Bower
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Hi Brian

This is terrific! So well designed  with so many interesting poses , all beautifully clear. The background is also just a perfect setting. It must have taken you quite a while to put this together.
My only question is whether the one very distant eagle in the upper right adds to the effect, or perhaps is a slight distraction. No matter- either way, this is a striking creation.
Hi Cynthia, thank you for your kind words on my composite. It did take quite a bit of time piecing,resizing and sharpening each image. Even more time making the selections from my files. I prepared this image for a February 3 bald eagle festival where it was warmly received with several purchases and an order for a large canvas. As for the distant eagle in the upper right corner, that eagle was part of the mountain background image. I could make it larger or insert a different bird, but leaving in with it’s proper perspective, seemed to make it right for me.

by Brian P. Bower on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:46 pm
Brian P. Bower
Forum Contributor
Ron Day wrote:Brian, this is outstanding! I've been to Homer and Jean's place, and if she were still with us, I bet she would flip over your composite. You truly did capture the "spirit" of this wonderful place, and your composite does it justice. Congratulations on such fine work!
Thanks Ron, it’s heartwarming to hear those words from a fellow photographer who also experienced Jean Keene and her eagles on Homer Spit. I made three February/March, one week trips in 2006,07,08. Back then my computer system was lacking, but with improved equipment and memory, I am still finding images long hidden in my files. I did present Jean with several of my favorite images which she enjoyed. Shame my photoshop skills and equipment at the time prevented me from giving her a composite such as this.

by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:41 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Brian P. Bower wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Hi Brian

This is terrific! So well designed  with so many interesting poses , all beautifully clear. The background is also just a perfect setting. It must have taken you quite a while to put this together.
Hi Cynthia, thank you for your kind words on my composite. It did take quite a bit of time piecing,resizing and sharpening each image. Even more time making the selections from my files. I prepared this image for a February 3 bald eagle festival where it was warmly received with several purchases and an order for a large canvas. As for the distant eagle in the upper right corner, that eagle was part of the mountain background image. I could make it larger or insert a different bird, but leaving in with it’s proper perspective, seemed to make it right for me.
Hey, Brian- I could agree with either option and your choice works for me as well as any other. Just a minor detail in a terrific piece of work. Certainly not a spoiler!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Brian P. Bower on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:53 pm
Brian P. Bower
Forum Contributor
Hi Cynthia, yes I got that from your first post. I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks again.

by pranab das on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:37 am
pranab das
Forum Contributor
Excellent Image.

by joem on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:46 pm
joem
Forum Contributor
Beautifully done Brian.

by Carol Clarke on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:23 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Lovely variety of poses and that 'look' that only eagles can do! A well thought out and executed composite that would make a great large print or poster.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Brian P. Bower on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:26 am
Brian P. Bower
Forum Contributor
Pranab,Joem and Carol Clarke, thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and appreciation of my composite image featuring Twelve Bald Eagles. Early this morning, I had the pleasure of receiving notification that this image has been recognized as an “Editors Pick” from Greg Downing. I am honored to have been recognized as have so many other talented photographers before me. Thanks again. Brian

11 posts |