Junco survival

Posted by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:18 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
It's been bitter cold here with temps 10-20 below zero plus wind chill. We have a yard full of Juncos-trying to help them with food and shelter. This one was clinging to a branch in the cold wind.

Cloned out extraneous branches and used a modified version of Topaz Impression.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

Posted by:
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733

by Ron Day on Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:47 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
A great winter image of this lovely little Junco, Cindy! Your painting of the feathers is excellent, and I love the texture you added to the snowy background. The diagonal perch is the perfect finishing touch. Beautiful work!

P.S. You are to be commended for helping the little Juncos with food and shelter in the sub-zero weather.

by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:23 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Ron Day wrote:A great winter image of this lovely little Junco, Cindy! Your painting of the feathers is excellent, and I love the texture you added to the snowy background. The diagonal perch is the perfect finishing touch. Beautiful work!

P.S. You are to be commended for helping the little Juncos with food and shelter in the sub-zero weather.
Thanks Ron! They are such dear little birds-we are sadly lacking in our usual winter birds here- only 2 chickadees! But the Juncos and Goldfinches are  abundant and cheer us up, so we try to cheer them up too! Cold spell is supposed to break soon.....
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:42 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
All of you caught up in this bitter weather have been in my thoughts, and I hope it warms up for you soon.  It amazes me how these tiny birds manage to survive such terrible conditions, you wouldn't think they had enough body mass to generate any warmth but somehow they do.  

A lovely image of this tiny survivor, and it just shows how much it is 'fluffed up' to trap any warmth it has managed to generate in that tiny body.  I am sure they appreciate your help, Cindy.  8) 
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Eia on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:16 am
Eia
Forum Contributor
So pretty and enjoyable. The effects on the feathers is wonderful.
~AnnaMaria~

5 posts |