Bear in the Moonlight

Posted by Cynthia Crawford on Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:17 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
This is a composite-was thinking of the "super moon" we just had. I think I applied several layers of Topaz , and then used a bit of Liquify.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

Posted by:
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733

by Ron Day on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:47 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
This is very clever, Cindy. Love the way you framed the bear with the tree and vegetation, and how you silhouetted almost everything except the sky and moon. Placement of the moon is perfect, but you have my curiosity aroused with the second heavenly body liquified below and to the side of the moon. With the liquified treatment, upon close examination, it almost appears like a distant galaxy twirling in the universe. Beautiful work.

by Cynthia Crawford on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:10 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Ron Day wrote:This is very clever, Cindy. Love the way you framed the bear with the tree and vegetation, and how you silhouetted almost everything except the sky and moon. Placement of the moon is perfect, but you have my curiosity aroused with the second heavenly body liquified below and to the side of the moon. With the liquified treatment, upon close examination, it almost appears like a distant galaxy twirling in the universe. Beautiful work.
Thanks Ron

The second "star" was actually there next to the moon, but it was a pinpoint. A little poetic (Van Gogh?) license, I guess! ;)
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:43 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Very creative Cindy!  Lovely composition with the bear walking along the ridge against the moonlit sky.  A very artistic combination of colour/silhouette and light!

When you think how many millions of heavenly bodies are 'out there', its a wonder we can only see two..... 8) 
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

4 posts |