Floral abstract

Posted by Carol Clarke on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:46 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 11 posts | 
This was originally a flower image, various filters - kaleidoscope, Topaz, and then painted with watercolour.  It was just getting too involved so I stopped!

Brutal honesty please, does it work in any shape or form, or have I just wasted part of my life!  Don't worry, you will not hurt my feelings.  :D  
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

Posted by:
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067

by Carol Clarke on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:48 am
Carol Clarke
This was the original image:
Carol Clarke

NSN0067

by david fletcher on Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:29 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
what a fabulous creation Carol. Wall hanger for sure. the colours are sublime. Can't imagine for any reason why you'd consider this potentially a waste of some part of your life Carol as it is just beautiful and very easy on the eye. Sort of an image that the more you look into, the more you see. Bravo
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:48 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Starting with the delta in the center and working your way out, it seems like everything is in threes. Not a bad number in composition. The subtle shades are nice and pleasing to the eye, as well. Very nice, Carol.
The only time I feel is wasted is when we stop exploring new ways of doing things! It gets old seeing the same old everywhere you turn.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Ron Day on Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:08 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Carol, I see your image as a striking abstract filled with beautiful tones, shapes, textures, and depth. Like Dave, the more I look at your image the more I see, and that is what makes it so special - it is a feast for the eyes. And as Joe pointed out, the threes in the center delta and other shapes moving outward work very well compositionally. It's an artistic and very creative image! :D

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:05 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Hi Carol

No waste of time here. A very dynamic composition and lots to look at. Love the vibrant colors and the feeling of depth, sinking into the middle. I feel like I'm being drawn into that little triangle/almost heart shape in the center....perhaps into an unknown realm. It s really quite exciting! I'm impressed with how you got from the flower to this. I like Joe's comment too, about the fun and excitement of experimentation, and creating something new and fresh, which you have done here.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by andre paul on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:05 am
andre paul
Forum Contributor
carol,

actually when i look at an abstract image, i quickly know if i like it or not. this is completely subjective. colours patterns textures can work in a persons brain , while for others the same image pattern simply doesn't hit their feelings :-)

for me your image works fine. i think it has a " flower power" feeling to it . also it has a certain oriental touch that i like ( maybe something hinduist )

it has harmony.

nice digital art job .

andre.
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

by Arabinda Debnath on Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:09 pm
Arabinda Debnath
Forum Contributor
Superbly done.Fantastic work.

by Carol Clarke on Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:56 pm
Carol Clarke
Thank you all so much for your constructive and insightful comments! This doesn't feel quite finished yet, so I will delve into the flower once again and see what inspiration comes to light! I really do appreciate your time and help, definitely food for thought!
Carol Clarke

NSN0067

by Sandy R-B on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:06 am
Sandy R-B
Forum Contributor
To me, a fascinating image with lots of areas to explore. Love the colours shading into different intensities and the multiple triangles. To me, the further "out of the box", the better. Explore, create, experiment, be open to new things - It's great to get positive feedback, but it's YOUR work and what YOU think is the most important thing.
Sandy

by Debapratim Saha on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:03 pm
Debapratim Saha
Forum Contributor
Ron Day wrote:Carol, I see your image as a striking abstract filled with beautiful tones, shapes, textures, and depth. Like Dave, the more I look at your image the more I see, and that is what makes it so special - it is a feast for the eyes. And as Joe pointed out, the threes in the center delta and other shapes moving outward work very well compositionally. It's an artistic and very creative image! :D

Great creative work!!
Photography is the only solace in life

11 posts |