Sunflower

Posted by SantaFeJoe on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:26 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
A sunflower image that was taken with a point and shoot, uploaded to a phone, extracted from BG in phone, screenshot taken in phone to obtain black BG, emailed and downloaded to my computer, adjusted in LR, and further adjusted in PSE. It's not as complicated as it sounds.
Sony DSC-W50, f6.3, 1/320 sec., onboard flash, Samsung S8 used to extract image from BG. Here's a link to a straight shot of the sunflower. I don't think I can make it clickable right now:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=252840

All C&C welcome.
Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

Posted by:
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor

by SantaFeJoe on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:33 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Let's see if this is clickable:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=252840

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Ron Day on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:46 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
A very unique procedure for post processing. While your rose is more subtle, the sunflower is more dramatic with the yellow petals on the dark background. Also, like your rose the sunflower looks good technically – its sharp, properly exposed, and has good depth of field. A beautiful pair of flowers, Joe, and both are very nicely done! :)

by andre paul on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:08 pm
andre paul
Forum Contributor
well, it does sound complicated  :lol:

both images are very wwell executed. 
the original image has great detail and exposure .... 
the final image posted here is also working fine ....

simple and effective, no nits ...

andre.
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

by Carol Clarke on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:50 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
There is something about looking at a sunflower that gives you a real feel good factor. They turn their big, honest faces up towards the sun, and they just glow! Definitely a feel good factor with this beauty making such a bold statement. Lovely work Joe!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:52 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Very bright and cheery, Joe- a lovely complement to the soft rose-so dynamically different yet both beautiful in their own ways. One little detail on this one-the bottom of the stem . to me, looks a little sharply cut off as if there should be a frame line there...and maybe there is, but it's black? Minor detail,,,,,
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:45 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Thanks for all the comments.
Cindy, I agree about the cutoff stem. I wanted to give the illusion of floating, but it doesn't really work here.

Joe

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:15 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
andre paul wrote:well, it does sound complicated  :lol:

andre.
True, but the image is already in the gallery of the phone and I could just hook up the phone to the computer or use the sd card for transfer. I sometimes take a roundabout path to get to my objective, but it is not necessary. If I had PS, I could probably do it much more easily. Mostly, it's just a matter of me learning the features of the phone. I still haven't tried PSE on the phone images.

Joe

8 posts |