pierella butterfly

Posted by andre paul on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:58 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 13 posts | 
hi there.

i have now been working for sometime in a new workflow that uses a pre-established algorithm within the fractalius suite, generating a complex texture/structure followed by oil painting filter.

results are quite promissing and soon some are going to the printing graphics for testing .... i will post a few more examples soon.

this image is a Satyr, from the noticable Pierella genus, the only group of butterflies with the particular wing shape seen here, with bigger hindwings then the forewings.

feel free to click image for bigger view.

feel free to criticize ;-)

d810/micro nikkor 200mm f4 / sb 810 handheld
cristalino river / amazon forest
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

Posted by:
andre paul
Forum Contributor

by Ron Day on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:45 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Very cool, Andre! The extended hindwing on the butterfly is very attractive, and so are the complimentary colors. Beautiful textures throughout. A very creative image. I'm interested in the algorithm concept. How exactly does that work?

by andre paul on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:51 am
andre paul
Forum Contributor
Ron Day wrote:Very cool, Andre! The extended hindwing on the butterfly is very attractive, and so are the complimentary colors. Beautiful textures throughout. A very creative image. I'm interested in the algorithm concept. How exactly does that work?

hi Ron,

well fractallius suite is a mystery in many ways as several controls are just represented as icons and you really have to test them a lot to see the final effect ( noise patterns fractal effects ... etc. ) so after much testing  a just saved a preset whith changes resulting in a texture pattern that works nicely with the oil painting filter from CS6 ;-) ( and othe presets for other things too ... )

i play a lot with the rootlet filter and the lines filters ....

after doing this things get much quicker ... but possibilities are infinite with this filter suite ...

andre.
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

by Ron Day on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:32 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
andre paul wrote:
Ron Day wrote:Very cool, Andre! The extended hindwing on the butterfly is very attractive, and so are the complimentary colors. Beautiful textures throughout. A very creative image. I'm interested in the algorithm concept. How exactly does that work?

hi Ron,

well fractallius suite is a mystery in many ways as several controls are just represented as icons and you really have to test them a lot to see the final effect ( noise patterns fractal effects ... etc. ) so after much testing  a just saved a preset whith changes resulting in a texture pattern that works nicely with the oil painting filter from CS6 ;-) ( and othe presets for other things too ... )

i play a lot with the rootlet filter and the lines filters ....

after doing this things get much quicker ... but possibilities are infinite with this filter suite ...

andre.
Thanks, Andre. That explanation helps. 

by Carol Clarke on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:15 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
You must know by now that I am a big fan of your art Andre, but being totally honest, this is the first one that doesn't work for me. I love your usual style which is so vibrant and electrifying, and this one just seems rather flat - even though I do like the earth tones in the colour palette, it hasn't got your unique 'wow' factor that I have grown to love!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by andre paul on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:19 pm
andre paul
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:You must know by now that I am a big fan of your art Andre, but being totally honest, this is the first one that doesn't work for me.   I love your usual style which is so vibrant and electrifying, and this one just seems rather flat - even though I do like the earth tones in the colour palette, it hasn't got your unique 'wow' factor that I have grown to love!
hi Carol!

i really appreciate your comments and feedback!
photography , arts in general have a lot to do with personal perceptions and tastes , so i really like your comments !!!!

actually i like this image ;-)  
soon i will post more images using this processing pathway. maybe a few with more punch!!   :shock:

i always apreciate feedbacks, postive or negative , so feel free to ciriticize always ...!!

regards,
andre
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

by Carol Clarke on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:13 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
If we all felt the same about each artwork then creativity would be dead!  I don't see a difference of opinion as a criticism - just an individual thought.  

The important thing is how each individual image makes us feel, and that is why I love art!  :D 
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by andre paul on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:56 am
andre paul
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:If we all felt the same about each artwork then creativity would be dead!  I don't see a difference of opinion as a criticism - just an individual thought.  

The important thing is how each individual image makes us feel, and that is why I love art!  :D 
yep, i guess we think the same here ;-)
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

by Sandy R-B on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:29 am
Sandy R-B
Forum Contributor
Very artistic and creative! Love the bright colours.
For a delicate butterfly, perhaps a less intense treatment would work well too.
Sandy R

by Cynthia Crawford on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:26 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Hi Andre

There's a lot to like about this-wavy shapes and great colors. If I didn't know it was a butterfly, I'd think it was a fantastical winged creature with 2 legs and a long neck/small head. If it were mine, I'd play with it in liquify to expand on that idea.

The shapes in front of the "creature" are a bit distracting, especially the black ones. But on the whole I am enjoying this. It is a nice fantasy piece, in my humble estimation. :).
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by andre paul on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:01 pm
andre paul
Forum Contributor
Sandy R wrote:Very artistic and creative!  Love the bright colours.
For a delicate butterfly, perhaps a less intense treatment would work well too.
Sandy R

thanks for your comments / feedback Sandy! 
apreciate it !
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

by andre paul on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:03 pm
andre paul
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Hi Andre

There's a lot to like about this-wavy shapes and great colors. If I didn't know it was a butterfly, I'd think it was a fantastical winged creature with 2 legs and a long neck/small head. If it were mine, I'd play with it in liquify to expand on that idea.

The shapes in front of the "creature" are a bit distracting, especially the black ones. But on the whole I am enjoying this. It is a nice fantasy piece, in my humble estimation. :).
excellent feedback as usual Cindy!
comments and ideas much apreciated....
never used liquify so far .... i'm going check this out  ;-)
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:56 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
andre paul wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Hi Andre

excellent feedback as usual Cindy!
comments and ideas much apreciated....
never used liquify so far .... i'm going check this out  ;-)
Oh, do try it Andre! You'll have such fun! You can freeze portions that you don't want changed...it's really a handy tool.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

13 posts |