Hornbeam Gifts

Posted by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:27 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 16 posts | 
This started out as a picture of two hornbeam trees leaning towards each other  as if in a loving embrace. It turned into a PS liquify creation-Ron's abstract made me think of it because there are many hidden critters in it-can you find them all?  (Hint-look for eyes...) ;)
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

Posted by:
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733

by Ron Day on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:05 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
My first impression is Wow, Cindy. What a creative piece of art! So well done and nicely put together. I want to study this in great detail, and will comment more, but congrats at the outset for such a beautiful image. Ok, I see a lady facing a man with a bird on her hand . . . . and I'm now diving deeply into this beauty to discover more of its hidden riches.  :P

by Ron Day on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:41 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
I'm working diligently on discovering the hidden critters, but had to stop to say that this so much reminds me of Bev Doolittle's camouflage art. Great work, Cindy. Actually brilliant. :P

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:38 am
Cynthia Crawford
Ron Day wrote:I'm working diligently on discovering the hidden critters, but had to stop to say that this so much reminds me of Bev Doolittle's camouflage art. Great work, Cindy. Actually brilliant. :P
Interesting, Ron- I had not seen her work before-just looked it up.  I'm flattered-I wish I was that good! :D

[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Save[/font]
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:19 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I love it when you do these living wood art creations,  and this one is a beauty!  

I am up to 14 creatures so far - animal, bird, fish, insect and amphibian - and I not quite sure what category to put baby dragons in........ :D
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:43 am
Cynthia Crawford
Carol Clarke wrote:I love it when you do these living wood art creations,  and this one is a beauty!  

I am up to 14 creatures so far - animal, bird, fish, insect and amphibian - and I not quite sure what category to put baby dragons in........ :D
:lol:   More than I expected anyone to see!!

by david fletcher on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:43 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Ron Day wrote:My first impression is Wow, Cindy. What a creative piece of art! So well done and nicely put together. I want to study this in great detail, and will comment more, but congrats at the outset for such a beautiful image. Ok, I see a lady facing a man with a bird on her hand . . . . and I'm now diving deeply into this beauty to discover more of its hidden riches.  :P

plus one to this!   
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Ron Day on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:16 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Ron Day wrote:I'm working diligently on discovering the hidden critters, but had to stop to say that this so much reminds me of Bev Doolittle's camouflage art. Great work, Cindy. Actually brilliant. :P
Interesting, Ron- I had not seen her work before-just looked it up.  I'm flattered-I wish I was that good! :D

The fact you put this piece together says volumes about your talent as an artist. Just decide you want to specialize in this type of art, and go for it, big time. Years ago, I acquired one of the one thousand signed and numbered lithographs that made Bev Doolittle famous, the original "Pintos" - five pinto horses camouflaged on a rock hill which was covered with pockets of snow. Check it out, it's inspirational, and I'm certain you could be that good if you set your mind to it. :P

by Ron Day on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:34 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Ok, this is what I discovered hidden in this wonderful image: a butterfly behind the man's head; a seahorse on the shoulder of the lady; a wolf head in blue below the couples hands; a puppy jumping upward below the wolf head; a black bird between the puppy and the flowers; a green frog below the colorful flowers at the bottom; a green dinosaur with red eye to the left of the frog; a large green lizard at the bottom left corner; a black bird or snake with red eye at the very bottom and to the left of your name; an eagle or hawk at the top of the man's shoulder; an orange mouse or something in the man's hand; an alligator head touching the back of the man's shoulder; and a coiled snake below the dinosaur. I'm sure there are more I missed, but I had a great time searching for these. Thanks, Cindy!!! :)

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:13 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Ron Day wrote:Ok, this is what I discovered hidden in this wonderful image: a butterfly behind the man's head; a seahorse on the shoulder of the lady; a wolf head in blue below the couples hands; a puppy jumping upward below the wolf head; a black bird between the puppy and the flowers; a green frog below the colorful flowers at the bottom; a green dinosaur with red eye to the left of the frog; a large green lizard at the bottom left corner; a black bird or snake with red eye at the very bottom and to the left of your name; an eagle or hawk at the top of the man's shoulder; an orange mouse or something in the man's hand; an alligator head touching the back of the man's shoulder; and a coiled snake below the dinosaur. I'm sure there are more I missed, but I had a great time searching for these. Thanks, Cindy!!! :)
Pretty darn good, Ron. Found some I didn't initially count, (!) and missed one below the black bird. Interesting how people describe what they see, since these are not entirely representational. (Like Carol's baby dragon...) :). I am thinking there are areas in this I could put even more critters-hard to know when something like this is finished.

Here's where I started:

by Ron Day on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:47 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
What an amazing transformation, Cindy! Is that a fox that I missed under the blackbird?

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:08 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Ron Day wrote:What an amazing transformation, Cindy! Is that a fox that I missed under the blackbird?
Well, it could be a fox...no doubt you would see it that way. ;). I had thought something horsey, but it is easy to imagine anything with perky ears!

by Sandy R-B on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:51 pm
Sandy R-B
Forum Contributor
This is marvelous! Should be part of a children 's book... should be very marketable, if that is yout desire.
A visual feast!
Exceptional work!
Sandy

by Eia on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:55 am
Eia
Forum Contributor
This is absolutely fantastic! It was so fun to look through and find all the faces -- so many. My son's while in grade school would have homework using these types of photos to find faces. I hope you do another! :)
~AnnaMaria~

by Arabinda Debnath on Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:59 pm
Arabinda Debnath
Forum Contributor
Excellent work! Absolutely love it.

by andre paul on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:38 pm
andre paul
Forum Contributor
interesting work cindy.
reminds me of dutch painter that i love, Hyeronymus Bosch ( those creatures .... )
the melting effects are nice to see ....
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

16 posts |