Abstract 929

Posted by Ron Day on Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:03 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 22 posts | 
This is a scene from the natural world taken with a Sony RX 100 and processed in PS CS6 and with multiple Topaz filters. It really needs to be viewed large, so please click on the image and view in shadowbox. Thank you.

Posted by:
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819

by Cynthia Crawford on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:41 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Wow- wonderful colors and design, Ron- so suggestive of many things, yet I prefer not to interpret and just enjoy it as a colorful and textured delight. It is fun to roam around discovering interesting shapes and configurations-some with depth, some standing out more. It really looks like a fun painting with so many types of brush strokes and shapes and colors- I wish I had painted it!

Looks great enlarged! I could see this printed on textured paper covering a large wall!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Ron Day on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:46 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
I forgot to mention that when viewed large there are a lot of little critters hidden within the image. I did not add them, they are just there. One that blows me away is the black and white photo of a Siberian Husky dog. Can you find it? Do you see any other little critters?

by Ron Day on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:56 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Wow- wonderful colors and design, Ron- so suggestive of many things, yet I prefer not to interpret and just enjoy it as a colorful and textured delight. It is fun to roam around discovering interesting shapes  and configurations-some with depth, some standing out more.  It really looks like  a fun painting with so many types of brush strokes and shapes and colors- I wish I had painted it!

Looks great enlarged! I could see this printed on textured paper covering a large wall!
Thanks, Cindy. Actually, our posts crossed each other. Pleased you noticed the "interesting shapes and configurations." Hope you find more.

by Cynthia Crawford on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:42 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Ron Day wrote:I forgot to mention that when viewed large there are a lot of little critters hidden within the image. I did not add them, they are just there. One that blows me away is the black and white photo of a Siberian Husky dog. Can you find it? Do you see any other little critters?
Well Ok...I'll bite. ;). Husky is in the middle of the ...um...lightening streak?  I see a purple froggish shape middle left near edge, a reddish rooster eye near the middle, maybe a green butterfly top left-ish,  trees and rocks and water bubbles , a wild spiky blue fish with a red eye....

Those are for starters! :mrgreen:
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Ron Day on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:49 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Ron Day wrote:I forgot to mention that when viewed large there are a lot of little critters hidden within the image. I did not add them, they are just there. One that blows me away is the black and white photo of a Siberian Husky dog. Can you find it? Do you see any other little critters?
Well Ok...I'll bite. ;). Husky is in the middle of the ...um...lightening streak?  I see a purple froggish shape middle left near edge, a reddish rooster eye near the middle, maybe a green butterfly top left-ish,  trees and rocks and water bubbles , a wild spiky blue fish with a red eye....

Those are for starters! :mrgreen:
For starters that is outstanding, Cindy. I'm so pleased you found the Husky. :D  It helps to enlarge the image a little to see it. There is a red whale at 2 o'clock from the Husky. Now for another question. Do you know what this entire image is a photograph of?  :P

by david fletcher on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:25 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
what a fabulous abstract Ron. (I'll buy in.... found the Husky quite quickly.. before I read Cindy's post and your reply... just above the green lake rh side mid image, a duck in purple and to it's left the face of a barn owl)..

Def worth looking large. As for the plum prize of guessing what it is from.... Part thinks an abstract of a mountainside and part a slice of geological rock.. I'm beat on this one Ron
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Carol Clarke on Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:36 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
My first thought was a frozen lake with leaves trapped under the ice, and then my eye was drawn to the diners in the very select restaurant, and in particular the couple engaged in a very intimate and intense discussion.  The man is leaning towards his companion with his forehead almost touching hers, he obviously does not want anyone else to hear what he is saying, his words are for his lady alone..............

Now, what is he saying!  I am intrigued !   8) 
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:43 am
Cynthia Crawford
Carol Clarke wrote:My first thought was a frozen lake with leaves trapped under the ice, and then my eye was drawn to the diners in the very select restaurant, and in particular the couple engaged in a very intimate and intense discussion.  The man is leaning towards his companion with his forehead almost touching hers, he obviously does not want anyone else to hear what he is saying, his words are for his lady alone..............

Wow, Carol-I sure missed that one...still don't see it. Found a puffed up purple fish on the lower right....

My guess as to the source is ice with a big crack (the white streak), or a rock formation. Third would be an aerial view of some trees.....

[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Save[/font]

by Carol Clarke on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:55 am
Carol Clarke
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:My first thought was a frozen lake with leaves trapped under the ice, and then my eye was drawn to the diners in the very select restaurant, and in particular the couple engaged in a very intimate and intense discussion.  The man is leaning towards his companion with his forehead almost touching hers, he obviously does not want anyone else to hear what he is saying, his words are for his lady alone..............

Wow, Carol-I sure missed that one...still don't see it. Found a puffed up purple fish on the lower right....

My guess as to the source is ice with a big crack (the white streak), or a rock formation. Third would be an aerial view of some trees.....

Draw a vertical central line from top to bottom, then a horizontal central line from side to side, you now have four equal quarters.  Select the top right quarter....... and you are now seeing the diners in the restaurant......... the man leaning in for his intimate conversation just jumps out at me........ :D 
Carol Clarke

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:37 am
Cynthia Crawford
Carol Clarke
Cynthia Crawford

[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Sav[/font]

Draw a vertical central line from top to bottom, then a horizontal central line from side to side, you now have four equal quarters.  Select the top right quarter....... and you are now seeing the diners in the restaurant......... the man leaning in for his intimate conversation just jumps out at me........ :D

Ummm....does he have a green head???

by Carol Clarke on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:50 am
Carol Clarke
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Carol Clarke
Cynthia Crawford

Sort of...... he's leaning in and facing to our left with his forehead almost touching hers..... ( sad, aren't I!  )  :D
Carol Clarke

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:25 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Carol Clarke wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Carol Clarke
Cynthia Crawford

Sort of...... he's leaning in and facing to our left with his forehead almost touching hers..... ( sad, aren't I!  )  :D
Yeah, totally nuts! :P  But what a wonderful imagination you have!

by Ron Day on Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:45 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Well, If this image says anything, it is that what we see abstractly is based upon our individual life experiences and our individual imaginations.

Cindy, so pleased you saw the husky. I found your purple frog, your red rooster eye, and your green butterfly, but struck out on the others. Excellent. :D

Dave, spotted your duck in purple and your barn owl clearly once I enlarged the image. And you found the husky. Great job! :D

Carol, like Cindy, I've been pulling my hair out to find your couple at the restaurant. I've found the restaurant, sets of couples facing the wrong direction, tables, and even a waiter with his mouth open. But not the man facing to the left about to touch foreheads with his lady. Could we have a few more clues? What size are the people? In what part of the upper quarter of the image are they located? Or better yet, can you give us their GPS coordinates! :lol:

I think both Carol and Cindy properly identified the original image as ice. Congrats. I had a great time doing close-ups of lake water frozen at the lakes edge. Different layers of ice  and air bubbles would form based on changes in wind direction and temperature. Upon ultra close examination, I discovered a whole new tiny world frozen within the ice. And I thought to myself, this is a beautiful small world that nobody will ever see or appreciate. So I decided to share it with you at Naturescapes. And haven't we had a good time looking. :shock:

This post was a good size crop of the original image, which I'm attaching below. Click on it to view full size. When the original image is examined at 100%, it is extremely sharp and detailed, and that detail is lost in the compression of the attached jpeg. But you got a glimpse of what it looked like by viewing the colorful abstract above. So thank you all for your comments, participation, and insights. 8)

by Carol Clarke on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:48 pm
Carol Clarke
Took a screen shot of the top right and drew a border around the happy couple..........

Hope this works!  :D 

Carol Clarke

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:04 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Carol Clarke wrote:Took a screen shot of the top right and drew a border around the happy couple..........

Hope this works!  :D 

Aha! I thought so! Woo-hoo!

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:34 pm
Cynthia Crawford
OK, here are some of my other finds:
hee hee!

by Ron Day on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:31 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Carol, earlier when I stated I had found "couples facing the wrong direction," well that included your couple, but I reversed the gender of the pair. The person on the right looked more like a lady to me because of the hair, and the person on the left looked like a man. But I did find them, so Wo Hoo. Excellent spotting on your part.

Cindy, thank you for posting a map to your other finds - very interesting and helpful. 

by Ron Day on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:42 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Thank you for the Editor's Pick, Naturescapes. Very much appreciated.

by Jerry Merrell on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:29 pm
Jerry Merrell
Lifetime Member
Member #:00210
Very nicely done!

Jerry
Jerry Merrell

22 posts |