White Flowers

Posted by Sandy R-B on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:08 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
time for something different!

Oil painting, topaz, and hand-painting
Starting with combining several images - one of flowers alone from Yosemite, then one of a blue BG after using oil painting filters on it, then borrowed leaves and a butterfly from another image.
Then more oil painting and drawing in branches, and the white edges of the flowers to make it look like oil paint. 

Posted by:
Sandy R-B
Forum Contributor

by Carol Clarke on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:11 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Beautifully done Sandy! I love the frame filling content, the soft colour tones and the subtle highlighting on the petals which lifts the whole scene quite magically! This would make a wonderful and uplifting print. Excellent work!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:42 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Gorgeous, Sandy! Love all the textures and painterly effects. Nice white accents on the flower petals. Butterfly is a lovely touch-maybe just a tad bigger to give the eye a central focal point? I did not see it right away among the similar colored leaves. On the other hand, as part of the overall design, it really doesn't matter-it's more like a hidden gem with echos in the leaf shapes. Either way, a really beautiful work of art-one of your best, I think.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Ron Day on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:08 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Very cool, Sandy. I agree with Cindy's and Carol's comments. I see one butterfly clearly, but I see other more impressionistic butterflies throughout the image. For example, above the clearly visible butterfly, I see two impressionistic butterflies, one directly above and the other at the top border. And I find another in the top left corner. Beautiful work!

by Sandy R-B on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:15 pm
Sandy R-B
Forum Contributor
Thanks everyone - again, Ron nailed the "hidden" butterflies. He has seen things in abstracts that few do.  I saw about halfway through making this, that a couple of the leaves looked a bit like butterflies, so I went back and made them closer.
Maybe I should start a series called "Where's Waldo?" and see how many people find my hidden goodies. LOL.

Sandy

Last edited by Sandy R-B on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Ron Day on Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:39 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Sandy R wrote:Thanks everyone - again, Ron nailed the "hidden" butterflies. He has seen things in abstracts that few do.  I saw about halway through making this, that a couple of the leaves looked a bit like butterflies, so I went back and made them closer.
Maybe I should start a series called "Where's Waldo?" and see how many people find my hidden goodies. LOL.

Sandy
Reminds me of the art of Bev Doolittle.

6 posts |