Heroe

Posted by david fletcher on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:50 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
took quite a bit to get to this.  may not be to alls taste, but is certainly colourful.  Worth a click to see larger.  on this occasion, choice was to remove sharpness in favour of impressions.  (seems a funny thing to do, taking a clear image and smudging it but hey....)  For anyone that wants to know, it took me ages to line them Flamingoes up.  They are truly....bu.....gers
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525

by Ron Day on Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:04 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Dave, your first color image (as opposed to black and white) in quite a while, and it is a beauty! The turquoise and pink color palette is lovely, and the pano format works well with the line of Flamingoes. As you note, the detail is reduced, but you definitely achieved the impressionism your were after. Beautiful work! :)

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:21 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Wow, Dave, your sure got those ...ummm...rascals trained! :lol:  Love the bright, contrasting colors and the abstraction- I think your efforts paid off in all respects!  I'm thinking shower curtain design(hope that's not an insult...I happen to be looking for one.... :mrgreen: ) . I could also see this as a very large mural in a big lobby or gallery- it would really grab my attention. Terrific work!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by andre paul on Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:00 pm
andre paul
Forum Contributor
very nice colours, i am in the boosted colours team :-)
the graphics is working fine here and they combine with the subject.
nice work david!
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

by LynnS on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:33 pm
LynnS
Forum Contributor
David, sounds like you did all the hard work and we get to just relax and enjoy your eye-popping creation!  I'm really liking the textures on the water, it has a constant leveling effect to come back to, as the eye travels around to the various shapes and amounts of blur. Kind of like being buckled into a car of a roller coaster ride (the constant), as the rest of the world flies past.  Love the classic color combo.  The darker areas under the flamingo's bellies, and the water lines, are a great stabilizer, and keeps the image from becoming too "fluffy."  A very successful work of art :).
Lynn

by Carol Clarke on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:46 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
You must click on this one to get the full effect!

I love the colour combination, summer skies and candyfloss/cotton candy, so uplifting and pure escapism!  We all need a bit of this in our lives.  :P   The symmetry of the resting flamingos with their beautiful, soft curves against the almost metallic feel of the shimmering water is so pleasing on the eye and the overall artwork is a real delight!

A pleasure to view Dave!  8)
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

6 posts |