Three Scarecrow in the Corn Field

Posted by Katlady on Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:32 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 9 posts | 
A little whimsy tonight. Still doing Fluid Art Creations. Taking artistic liberty .....I added two other scarecrow to the one that was created naturally. Hope you enjoy!
Observing and recording nature should always be done with awe and the knowledge that it is a privilege to just be there!
        -Kathy Urbach-

Posted by:
Katlady
Forum Contributor

by Ron Day on Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:35 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Kathy, what a beautiful abstract painting! You are extremely talented with Fluid Art Creations! I loved the first piece you posted, but this is even better in my opinion. Love the usage of complimentary color and the bold "strokes," if you will. Please share with us the specifics of your technique: type of paint, how applied and maneuvered, etc. This is a truly artistic creation you should be proud of!!! :)

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:43 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Wild one Kathy!! So imaginative with brilliant complementary colors. Would not like to meet these 3 spooks on a Halloween night! ;). Your vivid imagination shines through here-it's clear you're having a lot of fun and it's great fun for us to be included in your creative process. Those three are surely doing a spooky dance-so lively and full of energy. Now for some wild music to go with them.....can't think of any off hand, but this makes me hear something in my head. :P
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by david fletcher on Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:21 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
OMG.... what a cracking image... Powerful image Kathy!
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Katlady on Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:45 am
Katlady
Forum Contributor
Well, Ron
Technique.  If you watch most Fluid Art videos you will see most are just beautiful color abstracts. This is what I started out to do but to be honest there is not a lot of control in what you get. I have been lucky.  Also I have been experimenting  for a long time and I have thrown away many attempts.I will give you an example of what I have learned. The face was where I started. It was caused by puddling of colors and the idea took off from there. I take images of the process  all the time. The paint shifts as it dries for almost an hour.  I use acrylic gloss paints mostly. I also use a pouring compound to give flow to the paints and silicone spray mixed in with the paints. Like most creative projects, sometimes there is a lot of "flying by the seat of your pants" involved. I also run my fingers through the paint sometimes just to see what happens.
If others are interested I suggest an artist called "MelyD" on you tube. I find her very easy to follow.

I started this a summer project. Too hot to shoot outside in Florida now.

I am posting a copy of the raw image of this particular piece.
Observing and recording nature should always be done with awe and the knowledge that it is a privilege to just be there!
        -Kathy Urbach-

by Carol Clarke on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:00 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Very flamboyant! Lovely vibrant colours. Not scarecrows to me, they make me think of rushing Grebes!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Ron Day on Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:35 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Katlady wrote:Well, Ron
Technique.  If you watch most Fluid Art videos you will see most are just beautiful color abstracts. This is what I started out to do but to be honest there is not a lot of control in what you get. I have been lucky.  Also I have been experimenting  for a long time and I have thrown away many attempts.I will give you an example of what I have learned. The face was where I started. It was caused by puddling of colors and the idea took off from there. I take images of the process  all the time. The paint shifts as it dries for almost an hour.  I use acrylic gloss paints mostly. I also use a pouring compound to give flow to the paints and silicone spray mixed in with the paints. Like most creative projects, sometimes there is a lot of "flying by the seat of your pants" involved. I also run my fingers through the paint sometimes just to see what happens.
If others are interested I suggest an artist called "MelyD" on you tube. I find her very easy to follow.

I started this a summer project. Too hot to shoot outside in Florida now.

I am posting a copy of the raw image of this particular piece.
Thanks, Kathy! Great information! Greatly admire what you are doing artistically!

by Eia on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:21 am
Eia
Forum Contributor
This is stunning! So very creative with wild colors. I have viewed this a few times. Very cool!
~AnnaMaria~

by andre paul on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:17 pm
andre paul
Forum Contributor
cool pop art result here.
personally i love theese powerful colours.
curves are nice and fluid.....
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

9 posts |